Stripe Malaysia - FPX Payment method

YL
Visitor
2 0 5

Hi all,

Stripe in Malaysia has enabled FPX payment, which is payment method that allows direct bank transfers from the customer's bank account to the business' bank account.

The standard Stripe integration with Shopify only covers the credit card payment side. For FPX payment, I believe custom integration is required, involving server-side configuration and client-side integration. Here's the documentation for more information: https://stripe.com/docs/payments/fpx.

As I am not a developer, I do not know how to perform such integration. If you are familiar with such kind of integration, please reach out! I would really appreciate it. 

Replies 24 (24)

shanyi1023
Visitor
1 0 1

Yes! Would appreciate having this feature for Shopify-Stripe Malaysia

yen_cheng_chin
Tourist
8 0 3

Have you found a solution to this?

JazL
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, what if we subscribe for Advanced Shopify package? do they allow us to integrate with backend API? As i also wish to migrate my Wordpress web site (with FPX payment) to Shopify platform, hope to be able to bring over the customization too. Thanks!

atotheme
Visitor
2 0 0

Has anyone had any luck with this?

hpseet
Visitor
1 0 0

Hope Shopify team is able to add FPX feature directly under the Stripe option soon.

Really looking forward to this solution!

dYoungOne
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi All,

Anyone able to provide further insights into this?

I really do hope Shopify tech support is able to hook Stripe FPX up for us non-technical people.

yen_cheng_chin
Tourist
8 0 3
EasyStore has Stripe FPX integration and this is really helpful because we do not have to pay the exorbitant sign up fee for the payment gateway. Shopify please look into it
WW-S
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, any update for this ??

WeiFen
Visitor
2 0 4

I did check with Shopify and Stripe recently, Stripe asked me to check with Shopify, and Shopify's reply is still asking us to settle this problem by ourselves, quite disappointing with this answer. To solve this issue, I guess we need to find our own developer, I'm not sure if this works - for those who are keen on solving this issue, we can gather and search for developer to do for us, and ask for a package at lower cost?

syibli
Visitor
3 0 0

Hai is there any solution to this issue ?

marcuslim
Tourist
5 0 0

Until 2022 today still the same. I asked stripe and they asked me to check with shopify. And shopify's response was apply the integration ourself

forrest
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, have you found any solution? Or any other alternative approach to facilitate FPX? Thanks

Richie_CP
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi,

Just contacted Stripe support who asked me to contact Shopify support.

Shopify support asked me to contact Stripe support.

Then they suggested me to contact an expert for unsupported customizations.

Please advise.

SkynSin
Excursionist
18 0 7

Hi, if anyone has a solution to this would really appreciate an update! Thanks.

edutify
Visitor
3 0 0

Looks like many people are still pending on this issue. I just contacted Stripe directly and they say someone will email me regarding this. Maybe they will give some technical advise. but if shopify natively do not support this, then looks like we need to hire a shopify developer expert to create an APP for this.

Will keep everyone posted here as the story develops.

thanks

Kelv
Visitor
1 0 0

Did Stripe get back to you on this? Have been finding for information regarding this and seems like there is no solution other than hiring a shopify developer expert.

YL
Visitor
2 0 5

Hello all! An update here if anyone is still wondering about the same thing as me:

No there is no solution to this at this point in time (March 2021). I have reached out to Stripe and they said that it is something that Shopify needs to work on on their end. This is because Shopify integrates with Stripe at their backend and they have not integrated the FPX payment part. Hopefully Shopify will pick this up and do something about it (if it ever gets their attention). The other option is to hire a Shopify developer to do this.

The easiest thing for us to do is to email Shopify support to request for them to include FPX in their Stripe integration to show that there is indeed a demand for this. I have done this, hopefully you could too.

Richie_CP
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi, 

For Malaysian merchants, I advise to use Billplz as third-party payment app for now if you want FPX.

Now i use Stripe as primary (credit/debit card) + Billplz (FPX) as Shopify had no reply to this issue.

Vyy
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, do you mind to share how is it going so far with two different payment provider (stripe and billplz) for you? In terms of user experience and any technical issues.

Richie_CP
Tourist
4 0 2

@Vyy wrote:

Hi, do you mind to share how is it going so far with two different payment provider (stripe and billplz) for you? In terms of user experience and any technical issues.

Actually its rather simple. You just have to set up ur Billplz account and set it as secondary payment method. (Wait a week for verification etc).

When customer checkout, they will be able to choose which payment method they want to use.

Do remember that Billplz is prepaid, u have to top-up and they will deduct from ur credit balance.

Now my customer uses both payment methods and there are really no issues technically that arose as orders are still orders, payouts are conducted by the respective providers according to the order.

Vyy
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you Richie, your input is appreciated! I have just applied for Billplz and waiting for verification. 

yen_cheng_chin
Tourist
8 0 3
Hi guys,

I have resorted to using Stripe for card payment and BillPlz for FPX. So
far everything has been good. I insisted on using stripe because it has
really been good for my conversion rates as the payment can be made
directly on our payment page and there is no redirecting.

huda85
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, did you finally get a solution to this? I'm struggling to get a solution for this problem without having to use another payment method.

WeiFen
Visitor
2 0 4
According to my previous enquiry, Stripe customer service did reply that we need to have SSM registration to proceed.