Sudden drop in traffic

Vand
2 0 0

Our website is www.candrone.com

After installing some applications like Pagefly and a chatbot we saw a sudden drop in our traffic according to shopifys analytics. Google analytics is showing something similar..

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 5.58.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-07 at 6.02.02 PM.png

My page analytics used to track invidual pages before the drop in traffic, now its only tracking these check out pages

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 6.03.19 PM.png

I'm using SEMRush and its indicating that most of my pages are now missing title and meta tags. Even though they are filled out properly in the shopify backend.

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 6.07.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-07 at 6.08.32 PM.png

I have a feeling that its more of a tracking issue rather than an actual traffic drop... I believe it may be due to the apps which messed up the coding in our shop backend. I am the admin and not a developer. I'm lost of how to fix this, can someone please help me out.

Replies 2 (2)
Bunty
Shopify Partner
125 34 76

I'm not an expert but the issue could be due to multiple GA tags found on your store

Bunty_0-1636339503133.png

The SEMrush issue could be due to it relying upon Google Analytics to provide you the info. So, overall, I think the wires have crossed a bit and there is no significant change in traffic. It might be best for a developer to check your store and sort it out.

Tech Expert at Frankie - Personalizing the Shopping experience.
Frankie - empowering merchants in 206 Countries and 31 Currencies.
Vand
2 0 0

Where can I find those tags? I am looking in the theme.liquid and only see a ADwords tag