Solved

Support Needed: Code issues? Debut Theme

cwardle
Excursionist
15 1 0

Hey All!

Very new to the world of Shopify/coding, having just opened my website after years of selling on other market places I have a few issues that I am hoping someone with experience in coding or this issue can help me (in simple terms!).

My website is:

www.kwerkydesigns.com

Issues I am having:

1) None on my menus working at the top, search, hamburger etc, (Tried on mobile).

2) I have some products with variations, whilst I have added them in the product menus when a custom selects a variation and gets to checkout it seems to just default to the standard option.

(Direct link to an example - https://kwerkydesigns.com/products/princess-snow-white-cold-cup-disney-princess-starbucks-inspired-t...)

Why do I think this is a coding issue?

Well, we offer personalisation on some of our products and I followed the guide to add this box into the product listings and I think I may have knocked a setting out or something.   I could really do with someone just having a look to let me know what I am doing wrong.

(My website still needs a lot of work doing but I would like to get these two fundamental issues sorted as I have already had customers visiting / attempting to purchase and I have had to forward them over to our marketplace stores..)

Thank you! 

Accepted Solution (1)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@cwardle 

You have broken code in your theme.js file:

diego_ezfy_0-1636414066260.png

You added CSS into a javascript file. This will break all Javascript throughout the website.

Delete what is inside the red box in the screenshot above and everything will work again.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

DP_Development
Shopify Partner
120 14 30

@cwardle wrote:

1) None on my menus working at the top, search, hamburger etc, (Tried on mobile).

2) I have some products with variations, whilst I have added them in the product menus when a custom selects a variation and gets to checkout it seems to just default to the standard option.

Why do I think this is a coding issue?

1) This looks like you have something missing or messed up in your header.liquid for the mobile part

2) You are using line_item.properties for this and it seems that something is missing in your templates. Maybe this helps: https://shopify.dev/api/liquid/objects/line_item#line_item-properties

Software Engineer and Frontend Developer
Fast, cheap and straightforward solutions! Shall I do this for you? Just send me a message!
Please click on like and "accepted solution" if my answer helped you.

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@cwardle 

You have broken code in your theme.js file:

diego_ezfy_0-1636414066260.png

You added CSS into a javascript file. This will break all Javascript throughout the website.

Delete what is inside the red box in the screenshot above and everything will work again.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

cwardle
Excursionist
15 1 0

Absolute legend!

This worked, appreciate everyone having a look and offering solutions.