Termination of your Shopify Account for reason i don't understand

styeflea
Tourist
9 0 2
We have reviewed your account and determined that it is in violation of Shopify's  (AUP). As a result, we are no longer able to host your store on the Shopify platform and your account has been closed.

Shopify’s Terms of Service can be found h and our Acceptable Use Policy can be found h

Thank you, 

Shopify Trust & Safety Team

I can't contact Shopify through chat/email/call cause it doesn't appear
doesn't work it won't take me to chat support, I have emailed on the mail I have received from Shopify what policy I have violated I need to know, and I can't contact Shopify. please somebody help me please. 

Ticket ID: d98a1e8a-8ac3-4437-bd4e-263bd7da7488

Replies 14 (14)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1100 118 139

Hi there, @styeflea.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Shopify account. I'm unable to provide account specific information over the Shopify Community forums, which means I'm not able to look into your tickets to investigate. However, based on the format of the ticket number you've provided, I know that the email you received was sent from our specialized support team that is working on your case. In order to receive further information, you will want to reply to that email directly to ask for details. They are the only ones that will have more information on this.

Thank you for your post — please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

styeflea
Tourist
9 0 2

yes i have reply on that mail legal@shopify.com , but i haven't received any response on that yet, it been less than 24 hr though while i have receive a respond from here. will update again in 24 & 48 hr if no respond is received

userNino
Tourist
4 0 1

I'm facing the same problem now, I responded to the email more than 24 hours ago and got no answer, I explained that the storefront is closed and I only uploaded products for customizing my theme, but as I see in other community posts, Shopify just closes your account without any explanation and this is disappointing.

styeflea
Tourist
9 0 2

yeah i know, what is going on, only shopify know.. youtube video shows chat but doesn't show up for me.

styeflea
Tourist
9 0 2

pls someone help me over here, how can i contact them, shopify haven't replied to me yet

userNino
Tourist
4 0 1

I replied to the email two days ago and got no answer, I see that they are usually not answering emails and this is wrong.

This is not the way you should treat your customers.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1100 118 139

Hi there, @styeflea and @userNino.

Thank you for your replies here. I understand how important it is to receive more information on a sensitive topic like this. Replies from our escalated support team can take 1-3 business days, and possibly longer if the queues are high. Just know that we're working as fast as we can while still giving your case the attention to detail it requires. 

Thank you again for sharing your experiences with me. 

Greta | Shopify 

styeflea
Tourist
9 0 2

thanks @Greta have received a reponse/email from shopify have given the send required document they have asked

styeflea
Tourist
9 0 2

my issue is now resolved and my store is once again operational.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1100 118 139

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved. 

Feel free to post in the Shopify Community again if you have any other questions, or let me know here!

Greta | Shopify 

jbobbs
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Greta, 

I understand you are responding the way you are suppose to respond. However, Shopify needs to understand that these terminations without just cause or explanation is effecting the livelihood of these people. I just opened a brand new account. I just got a domain name linked to it yesterday and hadn't even loaded all the products on it I had just a few clothing items on it. A few hours later, the account was terminated for violation of AUP.  I haven't even posted my store and it is shut down already. What is one to do when that happens. Wow! unbelieveable. 

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey, @jbobbs!

Just helping out @Greta with some replies today.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue surrounding your account. It can be extremely disheartening when actions like these have a direct impact on your livelihood, especially when you're in the early stages of setting up your store.

Although we cannot look into account specifics from here, I can provide some general advice. If you have received an email about this, then you'll need to respond to that email with any questions or concerns you might have.

The team working on this have the tools and knowledge to provide you with more details about the violation of the Acceptable Use Policy and shed light on the reasons behind the account termination. Alternatively you can also reach out to us here at this link.

If there is anything else I can help you with besides this, please let me know!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 

jbobbs
Visitor
2 0 1
Hi Maz,

I appreciate your response; however you offer no solutions other than what
I have already done, which is reply to the email that was sent to me
regarding terminating my account. I have not heard from them regarding my
account which in and of itself is frustrating. Having to correspond with
someone on a serious issue via email is frustrating because it does not
give you a chance to refute the claim in real time to justify your case.
The account has not operated nor has any sells ran through this account as
of yet because it is 3 days old when they terminated it. Having it
terminated for an AUP violation is beyond my comprehension. Why would that
happen which is why I know it was in error. It needs to be corrected.

I need to be able to speak to someone or speak with them directly to
resolve this issue.

Thank you
John
Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey, @jbobbs!

I understand your frustration and the need for direct communication to resolve this issue with your terminated Shopify account. While I cannot directly connect you with Shopify's support team, I'd encourage you to create a support request here as this is the only secure way we can access your account and speak to someone in real time.

For some context, it usually takes our escalated teams 1-3 business days to respond, so hopefully you should hear back soon.

I understand the urgency of your situation, and I hope you are able to connect with Shopify's support team soon to address the account termination and work towards a resolution. Thanks again for your feedback.

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify