Theme: Narrative (remove burger menu)

MUCuser
Excursionist
27 0 5

Hello dear Shopify community,

I am currently using the Narrative theme for my shop. I would like to remove the burger menu in order to have a bar where the menu items can be displayed next to each other and I would like to remove the menu items marked in red as they are already in the footer menu. Unfortunately I can't find a solution for both problems and I hope you can help me. Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-26 um 13.47.37.png

Replies 3 (3)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @MUCuser 

I'd be happy to help. 

First of all, to remove menu items, you can follow our help document instructions linked here. If you're still having issues, I recommend watching our YouTube tutorial on editing menus. You will be able to delete any main menu items you'd no longer like displayed. 

Once you remove those items, how many main menu items will be displayed? The idea behind a burger menu is to keep the home page clean, and easy to understand for your visitors when there are several menu items offered. If you plan to only have a handful of main menu items, then an expanded menu could be a good idea.

It may be possible for our Themes team to help with removing the hamburger menu via Design Time. If you've never heard of this, since you're using a free Shopify theme you're eligible for 60 minutes of free design time from our team for customizations not available in the theme editor. These request must fall within our Design Policy, and are at the discretion of our team. To make this request, you can reach out to our Support team and explain the request (wanting to expand your hamburger menu permanently). Our Support team will then handle reaching out to our Themes team to see if this will be possible. There is more about this on our Support for themes help document. 

If our team cannot help with this customization request, hopefully another Community user will be able to comment here, otherwise, you can always hire a Shopify Expert

Let me know how all of this goes!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

Hii, @MUCuser 
Kindly share your store URL so,
I can solve it perfectly.
Thank You.

MUCuser
Excursionist
27 0 5

@Zworthkey 

Thanks for your reply. I now have some other problems, maybe you can help me out with them. 

Store URL: www.interstellarbrands.de, Passwort: test

1) the Icon is too thick. Can we make it thinner? 

MUCuser_0-1635429400701.png

2) when I swipe over the icons with my mouse, the shopping cart is zoomed in, but not the login icon. It stays the same size. 

3) is it possible to change the login icon to something like this? 

MUCuser_1-1635429400892.png

4) if I click on the login icon I can login but if I click it again after I already logged in, it still leads me back to the login site instead of my account (where the Adress Information etc. is)