Why did my Shopify theme disappear and how can I retrieve it?

larapromua
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I bought the basic shopify plan since them my theme disappeared and I can't change it. I dont even have the beginner theme but a theme called ''starter'', I saw a lot of tutorials and it doesnt help because I dont have the option to change the theme. I went to the theme shop of shopify and tried there by trying that design, it said that it was inserted but it still doesnt appear. Can you help me please?

@allmembers

Reply 1 (1)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @larapromua!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and sharing your concern. I’m happy to help.

It sounds like you are having issues accessing your stores theme. It is possible that you are on the Shopify Starter Plan as you currently don't have the option to change your theme. You can check this out by heading over to your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Plan. From there, you will be able to change your plan to the desired one. 

To provide some context, the Starter plan is ideal for selling products through social media, email, SMS, WhatsApp, and anywhere else you might want to share a link to a product. However, you will not be able to add additional themes as there is no theme editor.

Feel free to provide some more information regarding your store requirements and I'd be happy to make some recommendations. 

We’d also be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account so that our team can provide account specific support. 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog