Transfer of ownership

GAO1990
Visitor
1 0 0

IMG_2818.jpeg

 I’m trying to delete staff but it’s saying that the password is incorrect.

Reply 1 (1)
Rick
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 140

Hi @GAO1990 

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Shopify Community.

Would it be possible to provide a bit more context on what you are trying to do in this situation? You mentioned both transfer of ownership and deleting staff. Based on the screenshot it appears that you have two accounts called 'George Oliver' - one is the account owner and one is a staff member.

Are you the account owner, and you simply want to remove the staff account? Both Store owners and also staff with the 'Add and remove staff' permission can remove a staff member's account from a store. You can click into the staff account you wish to remove and click Remove *staff name*.

The system will ask you for the password of the account you are signed into - this is a safety feature and is designed to make sure it is really you doing this action, as removing staff accounts is permanent and cannot be undone.

You will need to know your correct password to do this. If the system is telling you that your password is incorrect, then you could use this tool here to reset the password on your account to one that you will remember.

Feel free to share some more information on what goal you are trying to achieve, and I'd be happy to provide advice on the best way to achieve it. Also, feel free to let me know how your store is coming along and what tasks you are working on - I'd love to hear more about your business and help any way I can.

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog