Solved

Transfering domain from a closed store

nubesedens
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

I closed my store a couple months ago, but I would like to transfer the domain to another registrar to have access to it.

Problem is, I can't access the store, because it's closed.

Please help.

Thank you!

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @nubesedens 

If the store is closed, in that case, you need to reach out to Merchant support. They'll be able to help you transfer out the domain.

Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

I hope the answer was helpful!

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @nubesedens 

If the store is closed, in that case, you need to reach out to Merchant support. They'll be able to help you transfer out the domain.

Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

I hope the answer was helpful!

- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
nubesedens
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you!

I contacted them!

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

@nubesedens 

Great! Thanks for the update!

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

Nit for future readers: Contact shopify support if you bought your domain from shopify or previously transferred your domain to shopify.

If the  domain is with another register entirely that is not shopify you need that original registrars support to transfer it to yet another different new registrar.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org