Transferring website to new owner

Westlakevape
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi everybody,

I apologize now if this is a daft question or has been covered elsewhere.

I have a bricks and mortar shop that has a website along side it. I am in the process of selling the business as a whole and need to transfer the website over to the new owners.

This would mean putting the domain under their name, changing the monthly billing to come out of their bank and also obviously changing the payments to go into their account. 

I have. O idea how to do this so I’m hoping somebody here does as there is no technical support number I can find etc.

many thanks!

Replies 4 (4)

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

Hi, @Westlakevape!

There are a couple of considerations before you transfer ownership, but the steps themselves are straightforward, you can find them here: 

Steps:

1. Log in to your store as the store owner.

2. From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Users and permissions.

3. Click Transfer ownership.

4. Enter the email of the new store owner. If the new store owner isn't existing staff, then you need to enter their name, too.

5. Enter your password to confirm the change.

6. Click Transfer store ownership.

You would need to create the account you want to transfer ownership to as a staff member first in order to transfer ownership. You can read more about this process and the mentioned considerations here. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Westlakevape
Visitor
3 0 0

Ok and does that transfer then allow the change over of bank detail to be inputted for incoming and outgoing payments etc?

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

Absolutely, that can be done at any stage within your Settings > Billing of your admin, this will allow changing what payment method you use. 

For payouts that would be changed within your payment gateways under Settings. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Westlakevape
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you so much for your help, you’re a star!