What is causing the unidentified bug on my Shopify website?

robinslj02
Excursionist
14 0 5

I cannot find this random bug in the code. I've looked at Apps, deleted them, searched for it in the code. No idea where it's from!?

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 14.15.16.png

It's on every page of Veloforte website.

If anyone can help guide me through how to remove, I'd happily pay you!

Thanks

Replies 4 (4)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @robinslj02 

I'm Ava from Shopify, I'd like to help here if I can!

I did a quick google search for the website you mentioned, Veloforte, and I can see what you'd like to get rid of. This looks like you've previously installed a rewards/loyalty points app, and part of the code is still left-over and showing on your theme even after it was removed. To check which app this could be, I clicked into the Re-fuel Rewards button to expand the window, and then left-clicked to get the menu options - from here I clicked to Inspect the app and saw this:

17-54-7368-84297

It looks like this is a leftover piece of coding from a Smile.io Rewards & Loyalty app. Would you have installed this app previously and have since removed it? If so, I'd recommend reaching out to this apps customer service team (support@smile.io)

so they can log in and remove any parts of leftover code! You can also search for this code yourself in your themes HTML/CSS yourself, but I would still recommend the app developers to take a look to make sure it is removed safely.

Let me know what you think!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

robinslj02
Excursionist
14 0 5

Hi Ava,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, we use Smile but I wasn't clear in my message.

The bug I'm referring to is below the Rewards button - I've highlighted it in pink here:

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 09.55.26.png

Any thoughts on this piece of code?

Thanks again.

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Ah, I see, thank you for confirming!

That piece of coding wouldn't be a bug - what you see in that bottom left corner are status messages that show what the browser is doing. If you move the mouse around the screen, it will show you the URL of what you are hovering the mouse over. Take this example from Twitter! Wherever I hover the mouse, it shows the URL for whatever I am hovering over. So this would be normal to see! I don't believe it can be hidden, though I did find this article from Firefox's help centre that suggests some blockers.

Let me know what you think!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

@robinslj02 

That seems to be within the theme.liquid file or footer.liquid file.

I'd recommend opening both at the "edit code" page, typing CTRL+F (or CMD + F on Mac) and search for "sourceCookie" without quotes to see whether you can find them and delete.

Alternatively, for a faster solution, you can try this: 

1. Download this Google Chrome Extension: (you need to use Google Chrome): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/shopify-theme-file-search/mhchmhfecfdpaifljcfebnlaiaphfkmb
2. In your Shopify Admin, go to Online Store > Themes > Edit Code
3. In the new box that appears with the extension (top right corner) search for the code you want to remove. In this case:

sourceCookie

4. It will highlight in blue all the files where this piece of code appears. Delete it from those files.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.