Unlimited Inventory for Products

Deadondecals
Visitor
2 0 0

We sell "made to order" products so our inventory is infinite for all of our products. Is there a setting in Shopify to set product inventory to unlimited? 

Thanks in advance,

James

Reply 1 (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 259

Hi @Deadondecals.

You can look into disabling inventory tracking for your product, which will allow you to sell without worrying about the product's stock number.

To do this, you can navigate to Products on the Shopify admin, and click the product you'd like to edit. Scroll down until you see the Inventory section, and make sure that the 'Track quantity' box is unchecked, as seen on the image below.

28-06-29477-25333.png

If you have multiple products that you'd like to do this to, you can use the bulk editor to apply this to more than one product at once.

Alternatively, if you'd like to be able to track your inventory but to sell your products without inputting any stock number, you can look into enabling the 'Continue selling when out of stock' selection on your products. When this feature is enabled, the system will allow customers to purchase products even if your stock number is 0 or below. This feature also allows you to view the product's inventory history in case you'd like to see how many of that particular product has sold. To enable this functionality, you will need to firstly check the 'Track quantity' checkbox on your Product page, then check the 'Continue selling when out of stock' checkbox too, as seen below.

28-06-26391-64645.png

I'll leave our Shopify blog here too if you'd like more information on how you can optimise your store's inventory management.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog