Solved

Why is my website loading speed inconsistent?

goodnutrition
Tourist
7 0 0

Hello,

I've been working through this with Shopify support for quite a few days now, but they're unable to replicate the issue on their end and continue to hold strongly that it's an issue with my home computer.

Our site: https://goodnutrition.store is having loading speed issues where all you'll see is a blank white page for anywhere from 8 seconds to over a minute. 

Here's what's making it so tough to solve: It happens intermittently. It will happen for about an hour, then be fine for an hour, then it'll happen again for an hour, on and on. When it's happening, just to be sure it wasn't only my windows computer & home network I did multiple speed tests and even went into my office to test it out on a Macbook computer. 

Has anyone dealt with something like this before? It's been very tough to diagnose, especially since it really seems to change by the hour. I've only just set up the store, and am still within the 14 day trial. I haven't gone heavy on apps (I currently have three apps installed, all large company apps). 

One customer service rep suggested it could be an issue with the theme (I'm using the free "Narrative" theme).

If anyone with more tech smarts than me could possibly help out or suggest something for me to look into I'm all ears.

Thanks very much,

Bobby Maca

Accepted Solution (1)
JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

This is an accepted solution.

Just done some more digging around for you. You have two A records and you should only have one.

You have:

and

You should only have 23.227.38.65 (which is Shopify).

Think that's your problem.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

Owner of Neuralcandy Shopify Agency

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

Hi - I just tried to load your site and repeatedly got the following error:

Screenshot 2020-01-01 at 14.26.18.png

So yes you definitely have an issue but it's not theme related. It looks more like a DNS/Domain issue to me. I'd double check that you have setup your domain correctly in both Shopify and with your Domain Provider (A record and CName). There is an article here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain/using-existing-domains/connecting-domains.

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

This is an accepted solution.

Just done some more digging around for you. You have two A records and you should only have one.

You have:

and

You should only have 23.227.38.65 (which is Shopify).

Think that's your problem.

goodnutrition
Tourist
7 0 0

Hi Jon,

I had a URL redirect hanging out in my DNS records... just removed it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help out, really, really appreciate it. I'll do some testing on it once it's had a chance to update correctly.

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

No problem. Just tried your URL again and it resolved fine this time, so hopefully that has fixed the issue.

Courtneycc
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello

I am having the same issue and went to the source of where I purchased my domain and it only shows one A record the 23.227.38.32 but when I do a trace route it shows two things: 1. My website responds but then loses connection. 2. Also shows the send A record in a DNS lookup.  

My question is how would I remove the second A record properly? 

thank you

Courtney

JockeyMsia
Visitor
1 0 0
Hi Jon,

I think my website have the same loading speed issue too. But I not sure is it because of the Domain. My website is www.jockey.com.my

Can you help to see it ? I had checked with shopify support, but support said there is no issue with the website. Can you help? I really appreciate it.
Decorfaure
Explorer
52 0 81

Hello, we are having the same issue. The screen goes white for too long before page loads. Can you please help?

decorfaure.com

eemanali
7 0 0

Hello Friend I am professional shopify expert.Am here to speedup your shopify  and get high ranking in google.

contact me at: https://www.fiverr.com/saifullahsaeed4/speed-up-and-optimize-wordpress-or-shopify-store-in-24-hours

eemanali
7 0 0

Hello, Am a professional Shopify developer. Am here to make your site super crazy.

contact me on Fiverr so i can start working on your Shopify store,

https://www.fiverr.com/share/aeVAdp