Updating custom liquid block after variant selection in Dawn 2.0

NobleScent
1 0 0

Hello! I have products that require using metafields for advanced details on the product page. However my store actual organizes products as whole products with many variants. It's the best and smartest way for me to organize and sell my products.

Using a PRODUCT metafield and custom liquid block in the new 2.0 interface is easy and straightforward. However since I exclusively organize by variants I need to use VARIANT metafields. THe below code works on the product page displaying the default variant and it's metafield:

{%assign current_variant = product.selected_or_first_available_variant%}
{{current_variant.metafields.custom.desc}}

however if a variant is selected, it does not update the metafield. I UNDERSTAND that before I tapped into the setcallback function and preloaded a JSON list and simply updated the value based on the UI selection.
HOWEVER in Dawn I can't find a setcallback function. In fact since we now have the liquid code blocks I don't even need to store the JSON (I think).

but how in the world does it update the value so I can tap in and make sure the liquid block gets re-execute or update the value from a list? I can't make heads or tails of the new way Dawn was built and I'm really confused.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Replies 0 (0)