US domain and Google search console

Jockbox
4 0 2

Hey, 

So my store is a UK store with a .co.uk domain, I’ve recently bought a .us domain and connected this to my store after upgrading my plan to the Shopify Plan.

I’ve registered my US domain with GSC, but it’s been over a week and it’s still not indexed it, I’ve tried to submit the sitemap but it’s saying “couldn’t fetch” 

Has anyone come across this before? Keen to start trying to rank on Google US!

Thanks!

www.jockbox.co.uk 

Replies 2 (2)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @Jockbox!

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Thank you for sharing your question with our network and for providing all that detail. I was able to do some extra research for you with that information, and I came across this very interesting blog post.

This third-party blog article on fixing a 'couldn't fetch error' through Google Search Console sheds a lot of light on some reasons why you might run into this, and how to troubleshoot the error further.

According to the blog information, new updates of Google Search Console might show this error as a bug. There is also detailed information on confirming if this is in fact the case, and how to resolve it going forward.

I trust that helps, but let us know if you have further questions.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hey, @Jockbox.

I wanted to follow-up with you again as it has been a couple of days since we last heard from you.

Did that solution provide any insight? 

Let us know,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog