Solved

Using Turbo Theme and all the Collection and Sub Collection Pages missing H1 Tags

rankcephs
4 0 0

Seeking Help from the experts.

All my Collection and sub-collection pages missing H1 Tags in the Turbo theme.

I want to use the Collection Title as the H1 Tag. And also want to increase the size & bold the collection title name. Can you please provide me with the step-by-step guidelines?

rankcephs_0-1704104433333.png

Accepted Solution (1)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1310

This is an accepted solution.

A stores name/logo is generally already the h1 tag in some themes.

Check the settings to ensure collections titles being h1's is not an option.

Two options:

1. Create a custom-liquid section , or block, with <h1>{{collection.title}}</h1>

Always backup themes before changing files.

2. Go into the relevant collection.liquid files and change the <h2> & </h2> etc to be a h1 tag.

The file may be called main-collection.liquid, and either be a template or a section.

Then to increase bold, target heading tags in css with a custom css setting increasing the font-weight keeping in mind the font itself needs to support bold styles.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/theme-structure/extend/add-css

example css, untested:

h1 { font-weight: 600; }

If you need this customization then contact me by my email for services.
Contact info in forum signature.
ALWAYS please provide context, examples: store url, theme name, post url(s) , or any further detail in ALL correspondence.

Good Luck

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1310

This is an accepted solution.

A stores name/logo is generally already the h1 tag in some themes.

Check the settings to ensure collections titles being h1's is not an option.

Two options:

1. Create a custom-liquid section , or block, with <h1>{{collection.title}}</h1>

Always backup themes before changing files.

2. Go into the relevant collection.liquid files and change the <h2> & </h2> etc to be a h1 tag.

The file may be called main-collection.liquid, and either be a template or a section.

Then to increase bold, target heading tags in css with a custom css setting increasing the font-weight keeping in mind the font itself needs to support bold styles.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/theme-structure/extend/add-css

example css, untested:

h1 { font-weight: 600; }

If you need this customization then contact me by my email for services.
Contact info in forum signature.
ALWAYS please provide context, examples: store url, theme name, post url(s) , or any further detail in ALL correspondence.

Good Luck

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

rankcephs
4 0 0

Hello Paul,
Thanks for your help. There was a settings problem. We fixed it also. It's automated with the title right now.