Variants not adding to cart on mobile

Donchaffin
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey guys, having an issue where product variants are being added to cart correctly, but only on mobile.

If you try to change a variant and add it to cart, it’ll add the original variant only and not the new one you’ve selected.

Developer fixed this for me in the past, but it’s happening again and the developer is no longer responding. So I’m hoping for some help.

Dreamdesignhomes.com

Replies 4 (4)

Sajat
Shopify Partner
192 19 34

Hi Donchaffin,

I tested your website on mobile web and looks like the products are getting added on the cart.

Please see the screenshot for your reference.

The design to display the variant is a bit off though.

Can you please check once again after clearing cache.

If the problem persists, please let me know the URL.I will check it.

ThanksScreen Shot 2022-03-15 at 4.52.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-15 at 4.53.00 PM.png

Donchaffin
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Sajat, Thank you for helping. I will attach the video of what's going on still after clearing cache.

I have replicated this on a few different mobile devices, however they have all been iphones. So maybe thats where the issue lies?

Sajat
Shopify Partner
192 19 34

Hi Donchaffin,

Thanks for sharing the video.

I noticed this issue is specifically related to Safari browser on iPhone(s).

I checked it on Google Chrome on iOS and it is working as expected.

So, there should be some certain scripts that are not working on Safari on iPhone(s) only.

Let me check that.

I will message you once I find the scripts that are not behaving correctly. 

Sajat

Donchaffin
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you! This has been driving me crazy and you’re the only one who has been able to replicate it lol.

If you notice as well, the product carousel also does not work on safari. Meaning when you change the variant, the picture doesn’t change. I imagine that is contributing to the issue