Very Slow Speed and Doesn't load on iPhones

ggarciano516ab
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello I need help. My Shopify store is https://www.thegreatindoorsph.com/

It's not loading properly on my iPhone, both Safari and Chrome browsers. When I click a product, the texts and sometimes the images don't appear on the product page. This happens in all of the products when I click them.

Everything is okay on my PC and android phones although the speed is a little slow.

This issue started when I customized the theme and enabled/disabled some settings on the product page.

Any thoughts/advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies 5 (5)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

Hello ggarciano516ab,

You need to work on your website performance’s speed. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed we need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer offscreen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minified.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/ 

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2223 203 593

Hi @ggarciano516ab I don't have an iphone to test but I found a couple errors on your product page that could be causing issue:

Errors on the product page.png

To debug your issue I would do this:

1) Write down the exact steps to reproduce the error.

2) Have another person test on their iphone. If it happens for them, we have a problem. If it does not, it may be a cache or cookies issue with your device, try clearing that or using incognito mode to verify.

3) If the error still persists, fix those console errors. If you're not familiar working with the console, you can either contact my team at speedboostr.com/services or follow this guide: https://speedboostr.com/finding-and-fixing-server-errors.

4) If you're debugging this yourself and editing theme code, make sure you work on a backup theme. This guide will show you proper theme editing technique: https://speedboostr.com/how-to-safely-edit-your-shopify-theme.

Performance Optimization

Since you mentioned load speed, here are some solutions:

- Shopify Analyzer is a free tool my team (experts in Shopify optimization) built for the Shopify community, it's the first tool geared specifically for Shopify sites. Run your site through that to see what can and should be fixed for performance.

- We compiled a Shopify optimization guide here that you can follow or give to your developer.

- Of course if you need help with site speed just contact my team, that's our specialty.

Last piece of advice, be cautious working with OSC (the commenter above), they've been caught stealing, being unethical, and breaking Shopify terms of service on multiple occasions. (Details here: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-partners-caught-stealing/#copyright-osc)

I assume you don't want criminals having access to your business / data, so just giving you the heads up.

If my team is not a good fit you can also check the Shopify Experts directory. Anyone can be a Shopify Partner, but to get the Shopify Expert badge is more difficult, there's a vetting process to ensure quality and ethics.

Good luck with your project and if you need professional help just reach out to my team.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
pioneer100
Shopify Partner
1119 145 481

@ggarciano516ab 

1 simple easy solution.

leave your old theme and switch to new faster and free theme.

If helpful, Please Like and accept The Solution.

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Eunice here from Shopify, thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear your site is not loading on your iPhone as it should be, I'd love to help you with this.

Because you're not able to replicate the issue on any other device, I think this could be a cache issue. Sometimes, when we make changes and customizations, our devices can hold onto old information causing an issue like this to arise. To fix this I recommend clearing your iPhone's cache and cookies.

With regards to site speed, I recommend checking out this help page for ways to improve your online store speed.

If clearing your cache and cookies doesn't help, let me know what theme customizations you made and the product page settings you changed. I'll then investigate further into how these could be affecting your site when browsing from an iPhone device.

Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Ebarry
5 0 0

I’m having the same issue! I use the grid theme, have you been able to get this resolved yet