Video sound not playing on media page

Solved
KristenDScott
Excursionist
17 1 21

I used a snippet of code found elsewhere here on the community pages, and though I finally got the video to play, I cannot get the sound to work. Can someone please share some rich text code to do this? I do not want to use a video hosted by Youtube because I want full control of where it lives. I currently have the video uploaded in my Files section on my Dashboard, and that is where I want to grab it from on my Media page. Please help!

For reference, here is the page in its current state: https://celticteashoppe.com/pages/media-and-awards

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
KristenDScott
Excursionist
17 1 21

This is an accepted solution.

Okay folks, I'm getting really tired of coders being coy and not sharing their complete solutions, and app builders saying "Use my app!" all the time. I pay for the service to use Shopify, and I deserve help when I need it. So, those who want to play videos on their pages and need a SIMPLE solution, I got one courtesy of:

https://toolki.com/en/video-embed

Here is what they gave me (I took out my source link and replaced it with PUTYOURLINKHEREFROMSHOPIFY):

<video controls><source src="PUTYOURLINKHEREFROMSHOPIFY"></video>

Check them out for your embedded video needs, especially if you don't want to have your video hosted elsewhere like me. If anyone is curious as to why, I believe in controlling my own content to the best of my ability, and hosting it on YouTube, Vimeo, and other places means that they can take down my content any time if they choose, or if they are down for whatever reason, then my videos are down. If you upload your content through your dashboard on Shopify (Settings/Files), then you have control. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
KristenDScott
Excursionist
17 1 21

I forgot to share the snippet of code I'm using:

<video class="video-player hidden" id="5" autoplay="autoplay" controls="controls" preload="auto" width="640" height="264" poster="//cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0380/5180/7276/files/RachaelRay2008a.mov?v=1636419013&gt;

KristenDScott
Excursionist
17 1 21

This is an accepted solution.

Okay folks, I'm getting really tired of coders being coy and not sharing their complete solutions, and app builders saying "Use my app!" all the time. I pay for the service to use Shopify, and I deserve help when I need it. So, those who want to play videos on their pages and need a SIMPLE solution, I got one courtesy of:

https://toolki.com/en/video-embed

Here is what they gave me (I took out my source link and replaced it with PUTYOURLINKHEREFROMSHOPIFY):

<video controls><source src="PUTYOURLINKHEREFROMSHOPIFY"></video>

Check them out for your embedded video needs, especially if you don't want to have your video hosted elsewhere like me. If anyone is curious as to why, I believe in controlling my own content to the best of my ability, and hosting it on YouTube, Vimeo, and other places means that they can take down my content any time if they choose, or if they are down for whatever reason, then my videos are down. If you upload your content through your dashboard on Shopify (Settings/Files), then you have control. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post