We don't offer shipping to [State] Error happens only sometimes

DaveML
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, we have reports of this error happening in our store every so often including today. I've seen all the other threads on this error, but I don't think any of them offer a solution. It doesn't see to have anything to do with our settings because:

1) It only happens to some customers occasionally, but works most of the time for everybody else. 

2) It often is "fixed" by the customer trying it in a different browser. 

For instance it will say "We don't offer shipping to New York" when a customer is trying to buy a single product, but we'll just have sold 20 of the exact single item to other customers in New York, and sometimes the customer who has the problem will be able to buy it by switching from Chrome to Firefox. 

We've seen this happen at least 10 times randomly over the past 6 months, and I feel like it's safe to assume it happens more than we know about because most customers won't report it 

Screenshot:

Screen-Shot-2021-08-04-at-3.48.jpg

Replies 4 (4)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @DaveML

I can imagine this has been confusing. Thanks for all the details and troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. I have a few questions:

• Does it only happen when the customer is buying one single product?
  • Does it happen to various products, or is it always the same product?
  • Can you share your website URL and an example product that this has happened with? 

Once I have some more information, I'd be happy to look into this with you further. That being said, this may be difficult to determine via the Community since we can't look at your account in detail here. There are various reasons your customers could be seeing this error, which is why you likely have been unable to find the resolution elsewhere.

I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team directly so we can look at your store and shipping settings in detail. As I mentioned, at this time, we can't provide account-specific assistance via the Community, but we'd be happy to look into this with you via live chat, callback request, or email. Here is the link contact us. Just login, and follow the prompts to contact Support.

Let me know how this goes!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

DaveML
Tourist
3 0 1

I reached out to support, thanks!

GuyIV
Visitor
1 0 0

May I ask how you reached out to "Support" exactly, because every time I try to reach out to them the link just send me around in a LOG IN circle.  On my site we have everything set up as free shipping and has worked fine up until today, but in my specific case they attempted to purchase at least 2 items, and now these items refuse to be shipped to the same state we live in.  I haven't been able to speak or communicate directly with anyone on the SHOPIFY tech side to this point, and its becoming a hassle trying to figure it out. 

Can someone tell me how to chat with an actual tech or employee? 

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @GuyIV 

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your shipping settings as well as contacting our Support team. Happy to explain in a little more detail. 

To reach our Support team, follow the link to our Contact page, login to your store, search for the issue you need help with, for example "shipping rates troubleshooting" then look for the button to Continue to get support. From there, you'll be given the option to speak with our team via live chat, email or callback request.

If you're still having issues, please reply back here with a screenshot of where you're getting stuck and I'd be happy to assist further. 

Thanks for joining the thread, let us know how this goes. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.