When Bulk Editing Items for Google Shop (or any other bulk edit), is there a way to apply to ALL?

BootlegCraig
Excursionist
25 0 3

I'm finding that I need to add some perameters to my products for Google Shop (which may be causing issues with facebook as well)... is there a way to easily apply one setting to all products in the bulk editor? For example, if I want to set "Custom Product" to "true" for ALL products in my shop (550 products in 5 sizes and 19 variants - so well over 18,000 items) - is there a fast and easy way to do so? 

Express Yourself!
Reply 1 (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 259

Hi, @BootlegCraig!

At this stage, editing in bulk for your products' Google fields is available natively on Shopify via the bulk editor, though as you might have found this can be more time consuming if you have a high number of products. If you modify your products' Google fields in bulk often and would like a faster way, you can take a look at an app from our Shopify App store to help with this. A third-party app such as the Ablestar Bulk Product Editor App can help by allowing you to either edit the Google fields in bulk within their app, or through uploading a spreadsheet via the app. Just a note however that apps like this one are made by third-party developers outside of Shopify. So if you have any questions about them I would recommend getting in touch with the app developers, as they are best equipped to answer app-specific queries.

I definitely see how being able to edit Google fields in bulk is a useful option to have within our admin, so I will send this as a feature request to our developers. As we're constantly looking to improve our platform, perhaps this is something we can incorporate in the future. Please note that although I will be submitting this request, we are unable to track it as this is an internal process that our developer team oversees. However there is currently a public facing changelog here that you can check for new features that has been added to Shopify.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog