Where can I add pixel script to "Homepage"?

aaestore
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

Our store is already connected with pixel but we are doing Amazon ad and they want us to install the page visit pixel on just a couple of pages to track the campaigns. I managed to find where to add the code for a collection page and conversion page but couldn't figure out where to add the code for the homepage. Can anyone please give me suggestions on this?

PS. I did ask our Amazon ad guy and they didn't know anything about Shopify so no help there.

Thank you in advance!

Replies 3 (3)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi, @aaestore,

In order to better help you, I would need to understand what pixel you need to add to your homepage - is it the Facebook Pixel or the Google Ads Pixel? Could you please link me to the Amazon support documentation that requests this so that I can get a better sense of what the issue is and can better help you?

Look forward to hearing from you!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

aaestore
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Hyde,

It is Amazon pixel. We are working with their ad team directly and there is no public documentation that I am aware of. I only got an instruction to implement their pixel code on the "homepage". However, they admitted they do not know where to put the code exactly as they don't know how Shopify site works. They also have pixels for the collection page and conversion page and I was able to implement those. It's the homepage that I am struggling with.

I attached what the script looks like.  They said we can choose to implement either script tag or no-script tag.

Thank you so much!

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi, @aaestore,

Channels like Google, Facebook, or Amazon and their respective pixels are considered third-party code. For this reason, we don't support adding them under the Shopify Design Policy. I would recommend getting in touch with a Shopify Expert to help with the installation.

What is it you're selling? And how are you finding business otherwise? Have you had a look at Google eCommerce tracking?

I look forward to hearing from you!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.