Solved

Why are my JPG files from links opening too large in product descriptions?

Nmiz
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi there!

Does anyone faced with such problem in shopify?

I uploaded .jpg file.
Copied link.
Made linked (clickable) word on product description (on product page) and linked with that image.

When on preview I am trying to click on that link it opens the image but shopify opens it much larger than it is. On full screen, so image looks low quality.
Are there a way to manage this with image file instead of using .pdf file?

Thank you for advise 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)
ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
2127 608 474

This is an accepted solution.

I assume you want to upload the 1200x1094 photo? Can you change it to that photo instead so I can see what happens when that photo is in?

And this actually isn't shopify, you are opening the image directly in the browser, so it's no longer a Shopify problem, but a browser problem instead. Unless the image is modified by shopify

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

Need help with your store? contact@theprimeweb.com or check out the website
Check out our interview with Shopify!

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
2127 608 474

Hey @Nmiz,

Can you share the link where this happens?

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

Nmiz
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi!
Here it is: https://nmiiz.com/collections/cold-wet-weather-equipment/products/tempest-gloves
See in the product description words "Size chart" with blue italic. This is a link to mage which originally is uploaded 600x547
And before I tried with bigger image 1200x1094 but the same full screen result.

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
2127 608 474

This is an accepted solution.

I assume you want to upload the 1200x1094 photo? Can you change it to that photo instead so I can see what happens when that photo is in?

And this actually isn't shopify, you are opening the image directly in the browser, so it's no longer a Shopify problem, but a browser problem instead. Unless the image is modified by shopify

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

Nmiz
Visitor
3 0 0

You are absolutely right. I did not thought in that way.
I use desktop Chrome and on this browser the image appeared in full screen mode. I tried on desktop Firefox and on Chrome mobile. Both were open that link nicely and in correct size.
Just changed linked image to squared version 1200x1200 and on desktop chrome no changes. Just better ratio. But yes, this is nothing to do with Shopify. 
Thank you very much for pointing it out and for your time by helping me.