Solved

Why doesn't shipping confirmation email display line item properties?

haebom
Tourist
5 1 0

Hello,

We are running booking platform and we use a booking widget called BookThatApp that integrates with our Shopify store.

Information such as the booking date, time, and product of the booking is contained in the line item properties.

So, I added the code below to display the properties information in the shipment confirmation email, but it doesn't appear in the email.

By any chance, shipping confirmation emails can't contain line item properties?

The same code is working fine for the order confirmation email.

스크린샷 2024-04-16 155510.png

Accepted Solution (1)

haebom
Tourist
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Just for the record, in case anyone is curious about the answer to this question. It was actually quite simple to solve.

In the code that calls the properties of the lineitem, just match the name of the class where the properties are stored.

I changed "line.properties" to "line.line_item.properties" and it pulled up the property names and values correctly.

haebom_1-1713423766473.png

Wishing you all the best.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

PageFly-Theodor
Shopify Partner
652 81 95

Hi @haebom ,
This is Theodore from PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App.

Shopify shipping confirmations don't include line item properties by default.

Focus on what's relevant: Does the customer need booking details in the shipping confirmation?

• Consider using the order confirmation email for booking details (check your code there).
  • Send a separate booking confirmation email triggered by order confirmation.
  • For a more integrated approach, consider custom development to modify the shipping confirmation template.

Best regards,
Theodore | PageFly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

haebom
Tourist
5 1 0

Hello, Theodor

Taking a cue from your answer, I compared the scripts for the order confirmation email and shipping email, found the difference and modified the code to fix the issue.

Thanks a lot.

haebom
Tourist
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Just for the record, in case anyone is curious about the answer to this question. It was actually quite simple to solve.

In the code that calls the properties of the lineitem, just match the name of the class where the properties are stored.

I changed "line.properties" to "line.line_item.properties" and it pulled up the property names and values correctly.

haebom_1-1713423766473.png

Wishing you all the best.