Why is reCAPTCHA not appearing on my contact form?

szczepan
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

I have reCAPTCHA enabled, however, it never appears on the contact form. The 'onsubmit' event adds a value associated with reCAPTCHA, but there is never a redirection to the confirmation page. In the corner of the screen, there is a 'powered by reCAPTCHA' and the reCAPTCHA logo. How can I enable reCAPTCHA to work correctly?

szczepan_0-1706130307194.png

szczepan_1-1706130410987.png

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2055 224 326

Hey @szczepan,

• Check your theme compatibility: Shopify uses Google’s reCAPTCHA v3, which analyzes website visitor behavior to provide a score indicating the likelihood of the visitor being a bot. The necessary code for the reCAPTCHA functionality is included through the content_for_header object. If this object is not present, then the reCAPTCHA functionality won’t be present.
  • Check your form attributes: The reCAPTCHA functionality is initialized based on the presence of customer, contact, and blog comment forms, and is triggered when the forms are interacted with. These forms are identified based on the action attribute of the form, as well as specific input attributes. If your theme uses custom forms, then make sure that the above attributes are included so that your forms are compatible with reCAPTCHA functionality.
  • Enable reCAPTCHA in your Shopify admin: Sign into your Shopify account and go to Sales Channel > Online Store > Preferences > Spam Protection. Tick both the checkboxes and hit the ‘Save’ button'. This will enable the reCAPTCHA option on your Shopify forms like contact form, comments form, login & create account page, and password recovery pages.

Hope this helps!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog