You are about to update Facebook, update not working

niftydeals
Tourist
11 0 9

I have a Facebook sales channel set up on my store, but all of a sudden when I click on my Facebook sales channel I am greeted with a page asking to update the app.  The "You are about to update Facebook" appears at the top of the page, with an "Update Sales Channel" button on the bottom.  However, clicking the button takes me to https://facebook-ads.shopifycloud.com/login where it asks for my shop domain to install the app.  Entering my url does nothing, and it just kicks me back to my admin page.

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Does anyone know of a fix?  Maybe uninstalling facebook and reinstalling completely anew?

Thank you for the help!

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

Hey @niftydeals!

I'll be happy to help you out with this.

Recently we integrated Facebook Shop, the Instagram Channel, and the Facebook Marketing app all into 1 easy to manage channel! Updating the new Facebook channel allows for shopping functionality. So once you install the channel and get it set up, you will be able to link your Shopify Catalogue to both Facebook and Instagram so users could: 

• View your products from Facebook/Instagram.

• Buy straight from Facebook/Instagram.

I've got a few things for you to try out so we can pinpoint where the installation issue is stemming from:

• Incognito/private mode on your browser - login to Shopify and see if you're able to update the channel. If it works, it means your browser likely needs its cache cleared.

• I suggest clearing your browser cache and make sure you are operating on the latest version of Google Chrome. When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

• Remove the Facebook channel from your Shopify Admin, then reinstall.

After linking your Shopify to Facebook, all products, variants, quantities, etc. will be synced up constantly to help ensure you don't have to go update everywhere, whenever you make some changes. I am also attaching some resources below which may help you out in setting up and running the channel:

TIP: Did you know your customers can now checkout directly on Facebook and Instagram without using your Shopify checkout? Check out this guide below for more information:

I do hope this helps! Let me know how you get on with the suggestions above and feel free to let me know if I can clarify anything further.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog