Gelöst

Fake Costumer Accounts

Christoph_Eser
Besucher
2 0 1

Hello Shopify Community.

We get every day a lot of new costumer accounts with a fake

name like this: WtpneEHVFNZ jxAEFJpQqr and a mail adress who ends of yahoo.com

like arousxxx@yahoo.com. Also is in the costumer account the information that´s a costumer for 10 days. 

All these emails like the described account are official of @yahoo.com.

What is to do. Is there a sercurety problem? To delete all of the fake costumer is totally annoying!

Thanks a lot in advanced for help.

Christoph from Germany

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Gabe
Shopify Staff
16767 2650 3930

Erfolg.

Hi Christoph @Christoph_Eser

Gabe from Shopify here, thanks for getting in touch. Übrigens, wir bieten jetzt auch vollen Support auf Deutsch in diesem Forum 🙂

I had a look at your question and that's regrettable that you are being targeted by "Bots". Let me help you with that! 🙂

Your shop seems to be targeted by so called "bots" that are using your contact form to sign up. What you can do is add a checkbox or Re-Captcha to your contact form:

Contact Us Form with Captcha

- Add more fields to your customer registration form

- Add more fields to your theme's default contact form

That is generally spam created through bots creating customer accounts, signing up for newsletters, commenting on blog posts or submitting spam through your contact form with a series of emails, some of which may be legit and many which aren't. Bots like this tend to crawl a store for a period of time and then move on. Rest assured, there is no security threat to your store as a result of these accounts.

We are aware of elevated levels of this activity and our developers are working on alternative ways to mitigate their access to stores limit the access they have. I know bot activity can be incredible annoying and while there isn't an ideal way to limit their activity as spammers are constantly updating their tactics, I would recommend exploring some of the third party apps available that are designed to mitigate spam or simply deleting their accounts consistently. Note that these are third party apps, which are supported by their respective developers:

To ensure the highest level of account security, we always encourage our merchants and users to enable 2-Factor Authentication. This will help you add an extra layer of protection on your account. You can read more about it at this link here.

Best,

Gabe

Gabe | Social Care @ Shopify
 - War meine Antwort hilfreich? Klicke Like um es mich wissen zu lassen! 
 - Wurde deine Frage beantwortet? Markiere es als Akzeptierte Lösung 
 - Um mehr zu erfahren, besuche das Shopify Help Center oder den Shopify Blog

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 ANTWORTEN 3

Gabe
Shopify Staff
16767 2650 3930

Erfolg.

Hi Christoph @Christoph_Eser

Gabe from Shopify here, thanks for getting in touch. Übrigens, wir bieten jetzt auch vollen Support auf Deutsch in diesem Forum 🙂

I had a look at your question and that's regrettable that you are being targeted by "Bots". Let me help you with that! 🙂

Your shop seems to be targeted by so called "bots" that are using your contact form to sign up. What you can do is add a checkbox or Re-Captcha to your contact form:

Contact Us Form with Captcha

- Add more fields to your customer registration form

- Add more fields to your theme's default contact form

That is generally spam created through bots creating customer accounts, signing up for newsletters, commenting on blog posts or submitting spam through your contact form with a series of emails, some of which may be legit and many which aren't. Bots like this tend to crawl a store for a period of time and then move on. Rest assured, there is no security threat to your store as a result of these accounts.

We are aware of elevated levels of this activity and our developers are working on alternative ways to mitigate their access to stores limit the access they have. I know bot activity can be incredible annoying and while there isn't an ideal way to limit their activity as spammers are constantly updating their tactics, I would recommend exploring some of the third party apps available that are designed to mitigate spam or simply deleting their accounts consistently. Note that these are third party apps, which are supported by their respective developers:

To ensure the highest level of account security, we always encourage our merchants and users to enable 2-Factor Authentication. This will help you add an extra layer of protection on your account. You can read more about it at this link here.

Best,

Gabe

Christoph_Eser
Besucher
2 0 1

Hi Gabe. Vielen Dank für Deine Hilfe

Grüße Christoph

Gabe
Shopify Staff
16767 2650 3930

Hi Christoph!

Gerne geschehen!

VG,

Gabe