FROM CACHE - de_header

Form at checkout?

skanderinho
Besucher
3 0 1

Hi,

Im selling personalised digital products and I´m currently using Theme "Ride". How do I put a Form at the checkout?

Thanks in advance

3 ANTWORTEN 3

Gabe
Shopify Staff
17340 2746 4052

Hey @skanderinho 

You have reached the German community here but we can chat in English too, that's no problem! 😉

A form is not possible in the checkout as we all know, simply because the checkout is not editable. What type of a form do you want to implement - a product options form, i.e. one to allow the customers to personalise their digital products? I wasn't able to extract that from your above question regarding your selling of digital products.

Therefore I am assuming it is and so this may be a feature that you need to add to the PDP page itself using an app (see these apps explained in German here). We also have a forms app that might be able to help you in this regard here

Adding a form to the Product Detail Page (PDP) manually would involve editing the theme's Liquid code. In the theme code editor, you would need to look for a file named product.liquid, product-template.liquid, or something similar under the "Templates" or "Sections" folder. 

• In the product template file, decide where you want the form to appear (e.g., near the 'Add to Cart' button).
  • Add the HTML code for your form. This can be a simple form with fields like text inputs, text areas, checkboxes, etc., depending on what information you want to collect.
  • If your form requires dynamic elements (like showing/hiding fields based on user input), you'll need to add JavaScript.
  • You can add this in a file like theme.js or directly within your product template using <script> tags.

Let me know if you have any further questions on that or if I should recommended one of our certified experts that can implement a great solution for your store!

Gabe | Social Care @ Shopify
 - War meine Antwort hilfreich? Klicke Like um es mich wissen zu lassen! 
 - Wurde deine Frage beantwortet? Markiere es als Akzeptierte Lösung 
 - Um mehr zu erfahren, besuche das Shopify Help Center oder den Shopify Blog

skanderinho
Besucher
3 0 1

Danke Gabe,

das hat sehr geholfen 🙂

Kai
Shopify Staff
2322 541 359

Super @skanderinho, das freut uns zu hören!

Kai | Social Care @ Shopify
 - War meine Antwort hilfreich? Klicke Like um es mich wissen zu lassen! 
 - Wurde deine Frage beantwortet? Markiere es als Akzeptierte Lösung 
 - Um mehr zu erfahren, besuche das Shopify Help Center oder den Shopify Blog