Hi, Seems this issue wasn't solved. I am having the exact same issue. Want to redo all tags, but not remove all of the store at once because it will shake up my collections. Tags are NOT getting overwritten. How to do? Please help Peter. My store is cyclop.in
... View more
Observations about your store: There are no links to your social profiles. Instagram icon is there but does not go to your Instagram. When I reached your Instagram page on my own, wow... I saw you have 1336 followers. That's not bad for a new store.
I saw your facebook page too. Beautiful photos, mood based product photos. Phone case with coffee beans, rose petals etc.
My suggestion to you is
1) Tie it all together. Add buttons to your social profiles on your website.
2) Show reviews to build trust, saying "I LOVE this product!" "It shipped so fast". If you have no sales yet, get reviews from anyone (friends/ family) you sold/gave the phone to on your own. Use that, not only on your website but show it in your social media profiles. Share across all social channels.
3) Engage people. Ask which do you like better? Rose Phone or Coffee Phone? Each at $30. Let them answer. This will build momemtum and interest in your product. Then you can even drop is discount in the picture.
4) Try a video showing the phone is use, looking cool in someone's hands. And also DROPPING and not breaking. Confirm that this is strong and tough. Normally people get rubber type of phones or other such material for protection. Also in the video I would include someone running their hands on the phone and lines like It's nice to touch nature...
3) Make your facebook and Instagram posts, at least some of them strong in CTA. Like ask people to buy. Just now we are at the point of loving the look and beauty of of your phones. Write - Buy Now! Or 10% off if you buy two. Push some offers, limited times offers like Only this March Get...
4) Do a campaign for Mother's Day! Perfect time for gifting. These phone cases look like a great gift for mom. You can do this with OrangeTwig app.
5) I dont understand... do your rose phones have real petals in the case? If yes, pls test telling people REAL petals in your phone.
5) Offer your email ID so people can even call and ask you if they have phoe case size confusion, or ask them to ask in fb chat messenger. This may be an inhibitor for people to order phone. Include return policy info. What if the case does not fit! Biggest concern (based on my past advertising experience with similar products). And will it fit my iphone 6 Plus.
6) I felt your video shows the guy cutting grass for really long, watched a lot but never reached the phones at all. Cut maybe.
7) Organic phones can be a tough sell. Because no one is eating these phones which is when organic and pesticide intake really concerns people. Only for their conscience they will buy organic phones. So test organic vs protective. As Tough, As Beautiful. Do tests you are very aware of in fb ads. What are you testing? beauty vs protection? eco friendliness vs glam lifestyle?
8) Test very distinct and layered audiences in fb ads. I think fb ads WILL work for your product, if done right. Like one audience may be People interested in eco friendly/ organic/ green products/ PETA/vegan + People who are into iphones/ are technophiles/ are early tech adopters. This is all one audience. Test male and female separately. You have to really narrow down on the exact audience that works for you. As you sell in Australia, target australia and offer free shipping. Then once you have a good fit, Retargeting via fb ads should drive you a lot of sales.
Another audience can be campers, everyone who likes camping, outdoors etc This is a long shot but who knows if it sticks and they identify with the "Into the Woods" feeling your phone cases have too.
9) If you are saying people who visit your site don't engage with, then you must try a different landing page I recently did this. I cut down the communication and streamlined the funnel. In yuor case show people happy with the phone. Show an offer. Don't treat the landing page as a place where the person explores a lot. Do it like OK sees the phone, understand top promise (organic + protective), sees ltd time offer, sees proof that it is good (a review), sees delivery within 10 days, sees he can return if it doesnt fit and buys. I use instapages to test landing pages.
10) In google ads just set up brand ads. You will have low competition for our own brand name and just now when i search for mistill cases on google it doesn'y show up and that sucks. As the most important people (who know you and are searching for who with high purchase intent) are just now not able to find you.
If you had to take away one thing from this:
I have run ads for many brands and seriously you have to have a strong Call To Action.
Add some offers, and reviews.
Connect to your social channels.
And here is a app I'd recommend to do a lot of the things you need to do, automatically. It's called OrangeTwig. It will:
Promote your phone case on all occasions this summer season - Mother's Day, Father's Day, Memorial Day, 4th July, Xmas in July
Post across all the social channels for you according to a frequency you set. So, no logging in, uploading etc for you. It will also cover Pinterest which is a great platform for discovery.
It will design all the social posts for you using your current product images from your store.
It will push discounts and coupon codes if you have any.
It will share reviews and testimonials about your phone.
It will ask people Which phone do you like better - Rose or Coffee?
Imagine 400 or 600 posts a month. A person alone could never design all these posts and upload them on each single social channel. Each post will include links back to your store and lead people to it.
OrangeTwig will designs images that look like this:
I think your product is 100% sell-able. So all the best. Yours is a lovely "Let's Make it Work!" challenge :D
Start with OrangeTwig. Let it begin its work for you. It will drive people who already know you/ like you, don't need that much convincing to buy from you.
Be sure to use the Instagram top-performing hashtags OrangeTwig offers to widen your Instagram reach. Watch video here.
And then as it functions do all the other things like fb targeting etc that is actual work.
Hope this helps!
... View more
No.1 - TRUST
In About Us really tell about you. So many people write "We love doing xx and yy. Our philosophy is such and such". But put a name to "Us". Who really are you? Your names?
Next on your site put Netherlands in the footer. A European company, that's good. Show it. As you sell toys I was suspicious if you were Chinese.
I love that you clearly show FREE SHIPPING at the point of Add to Cart. Free shipping worldwide? If so mention worldwide.
One problem AFTER Add to cart:
You upsell a product right on top. This gives the impression it is in the cart. One immediately gets hesitant... 'Why is this in my cart? Do I have to pay for this?'. Place it below the point you tell your total cart value as of now. (This is NOT a big deal though.)
One more thing - Now your line says Free Shipping on all non-promo items.
I don't know if the toy I added to my cart is a promo or non-promo item. So as I am faced with uncertainity I may just plan to come back and check it out later. And this can be a conversion lost for you :(
The rest of your flow is actually quite good I think!
Hope my inputs help. I put on my monocles for this one.
Oh and yes, don't lose people who like you, follow you already. They are more likely to convert than fresh new visitors who are still finding reasons to trust you.
How to target your fans/followers/likers with zero effort? Let this app - OrangeTwig show them your products and store images on a continuous basis, across ALL your social media channels. It will design all these posts on its own. In these posts it will highlight your products, add hashtags, add text that gets them to convert, and links back to your store. Of course you can edit all this if you choose to.
The posts will have images like this showing YOUR products:
Go ahead. Try it now and let OrangeTwig keep sending customers your way who are likely to convert.
Hope this helps!
... View more
So many things!
The first thing if you are not confident of your product, go talk to people who you think are your potential customers and learn from them. Good old one to one conversation. Would they really buy your product. If not them, then who? You will get an idea of this by talking to them. And remember less interest in your product is just a polite NO.
For example if it is patio furniture, it may be something students don't buy as they are always ready to shift their things. It may be for families. Once you have a fair idea of the scenario and confidence in your product proceed.
Second tip is test. Do small tests and learn.
For example facebook ads WILL work. Everyone who says they don't work is not doing it right.
I'd like to know what audiences you have tried? Try different ones, all that you can be very confident about. Like
Audience 1) Runners and mountain bikers
Audience 2) outdoor vacation people
Audience 3) campers
I am really doing a lot of guesswork here because I do not know your shop or brand.
Layer each audience and refine it, keeping the volume large enough. I personally feel that for a B2C brand it should be 250,000 people at least. Choose cities where people are into outdoor activities. Choose male or female if your audience is likely to be one or the other. Narrow by age.
Test each audience at $20 only, or $15. Only if it works, spend more.
The first thing you look at is CTR. If that is high, OK, this audience is interested in your ad, unless you ad is just clickbaity and that's the reason people are clicking on it.
When you find the correct audience scale that. Blowing money without a tiny test that is successful will not help you. Because then you are just replicating failure with a budget, not success.
IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPEND MUCH:
Then use this app - OrangeTwig that costs only about $10/month.
This will do 3 things
1) Design social media posts for you automatically and schedule them across ALL the social channels, driving traffic to your store.
2) Provide you with the top instagram hashtags, so you can reach out to more and more people who are a good fit for your product
3) Help you run Daily Deals and offers, that will create urgency and get people to convert. It will promote the deals on social media by itself.
The posts will have images that look like this... showing YOUR product:
How I like to see it is: Get this going, doing things for you, while you try other stuff. At $10/month it is well worth it. Check it out - OrangeTwig
Hope this helps!
... View more
If "potential customers are landing on site but not converting at all" you have at least identified the drop-off point. Make your site more converting then.
Add trust factors like telling who you are. RIght now you share your philosophy but don't actually tell who you are. If you can say you are from XX design school, or show your own photo and say one of you is into music, the other is a techie, even this will help. Later you can choose to be more mysterious, but just now I think you need to tell people this is a real brand.
Assure visitors that the payment process is safe by saying "Secure checkout" or something like this.
Highlight return policy.
See if you have enough of a range/ collection to get them to buy.
Test pricing. See if yours is right.
See how far visitors go in your checkout process. If they do add to cart and then don't follow through this is the exact exact point you should troubleshoot at.
Share testimonials, so people see others have bought and that you are a legit business. They may just be afraid; how can we buy from this unknown brand, no clue if it is good or not.
ALSO GET YOUR FOLLOWERS TO BUY - Retarget them organically
Also, maybe people will not buy the first time they see your store, because you are so new to them. After being a little familiar with you they may buy. Show them your products. Show them some product reviews. Get them to engage. Ask - Which t shirt do you like better - black one or blue one?
And don't do all this manually. Automate it. Use this app called OrangeTwig.
OrangeTwig will not only design 100s of posts for you, but also post them across ALL your social media channels. And you will get people who like you or follow you to actually convert.
You already have 800+ followers on Instagram. They should convert for you! Don't guess hashtags. Use the top-performing ones in your category from OrangeTwig.
You should also be posting on Pinterest. This is a great way to get discovered. Another channel.. argh.. who will go upload and post? No one. Just let OrangeTwig handle it for you.
The images in the posts will look like this... showing YOUR product:
Go ahead, check it out. This won't even cost you much, about $10/month after free trial. So it's well worth it.
Hope this helps!
... View more
I have to disagree.
First of all - "We sell animal themed jewelry, a perfect match for upcoming birthday customers."
I don't know if you layered your targeting but just this is not narrow enough. If someone's birthday is coming up, one cannot assume most of them will want to buy animal themed jewelry. If it's my dad's birthday he won't buy from you, not even my mother. Your jewellery may be for a younger audience, intersted in certain kinds of lifestyle brands that indicate their taste.
While facebook does odd things now and then, it has worked very well for me. I have worked as an Ads Specialist for many startups, got their campaigns going in a wek or so. Initially it can be a struggle to identify the right audiences but once you do, and find a good constant CPA, it works.
The most common reason for fb ads failing is simply that your product-market fit is not there. Btw, our numbers have matched. The traffic fb shows with site visits.
When you are counting Website Conversions, what are your conversions set to?
Basically ads work. But if it is not working for you, for one reason or another, then reach the people who already like you or follow you organically, on ALL social channels. Don't miss out on exposure in any direction. And instead of thinking of what to post, and then uploading an image on each single social platform use this tool - OrangeTwig that will design and schedule posts for you.
This way you will re-engage your likers and followers and get conversions from them! It's good to reach them with sales they'd love or on occasions like Mother's Day, Father's Day, 4th of July... all coming up etc Try for FREE and then at about $10/month, much lower than an ads budget.
Note - OrangeTwig makes layouts like this with text, hashtags and link to your store:
Hope this helps!
... View more
1) Most critical - A social media scheduling tool so I am not wasting hours doing this on my own. Often the challenge in this case is content creation, but the app OrangeTwig automatically creates content for you.
2) Email tool like Mailchimp
3) Analytics tool to capture data and measure marketing effort, like Google Analytics
... View more
If you are busy with the actual work of selling and have little time to market your store, one really good app that you should use is OrangeTwig.
This app automatically pulls products from your shop and promotes them across ALL social media channels, in beauiful design layouts. You can just turn it on and forget about promoting your shop yourself for more than a month.
Check out the site, and ask them any questions you may have. They respond quickly. Good to start with their "AutoPilot" tool ... a real time and effort saver.
Example of layouts they offer, occasion-based one...
... View more