Carrier Service webhook not called

Carrier Service webhook not called

martinstreicher
Tourist
3 0 2
I am having an issue with the Carrier Service API. Context: I have a small store I am using for development on the Plus plan. I added an app to my store and gave it the read/write shipping scope and the read product scope. I created an access key. I then registered a Carrier Service with a URL for the callback. When I go to checkout, my server gets a webhook that I can respond to. That's all happy. Next, I went to the store being developed for the retailer. I did the same setup in that store: Create an app, assign scopes, get an access key. This latter store is also on a paid plan and I am able to register a Carrier Service. However, I never get the webhook call. At the moment, I cannot checkout via the normal consumer route but i can build an order via admin in Create Order. It seems like I should be getting a webhook when I add shipping to the order yet I am not.

Questions:
1/ Does the Carrier Service get a webhook when in the Create Order as admin when I click Add Shipping?
2/ If yes, why is my webhook not getting called?
3/ How can I debug what is happening. I am using ngrok to receive the webhook and I never see any requests. 

Replies 5 (5)

Shayne
Shopify Staff (Retired)
254 20 48

Hi there, thanks for the question.

You should be able to force a call to your CarrierService by using the draftOrderCalculate mutation. There's a post in the forums that might help you here, with an example of someone making a request and getting back some calculated rates: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-sdks/calculate-shipping-rate-with-draft-order-api/m...

Let me know if this helps!

Shayne | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

martinstreicher
Tourist
3 0 2

I know I have seen the webhook get called in my own store checkout. Does the webhook get called in the admin Create Order Add Shipping step, too? Any way to force the callback via the REST API? 

martinstreicher
Tourist
3 0 2

I tried the GraphQL you referred me to. I got the GraphQL to work, but I did not get any webhook callbacks. Am I missing something? 

Tradefull
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hey! We are seeing the same issue here. Previously, this same endpoint was working on another store. 

Works when we use postman, never gets fired in checkout. 

Tradefull
Shopify Partner
3 0 0