New Shopify Certification now available: Liquid Storefronts for Theme Developers

Event rest API

c_j_s
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Hi,

is there something glaring that I am missing, for example some additional config, or does the Event API simply not work as described in the documentation. If I request all events for Orders, the only event type returned is 'confirmed' when the order is created - events for payment are entirely absent. The ORDERS_PAID webhook is firing and I can capture that, but it never appears in the stream of events. I have created orders both through the admin interface and the storefront, but no difference. It is a development store that I am using and protected customer data is enabled.

Thanks in advance ...

Replies 3 (3)
Liam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1892 202 577

Hi C_j_s,

All the order related events listed here should be possible to be received by calls to events.json - I'll connect with our team internally to see if there's limitations related to development stores. 

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

c_j_s
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Hi Liam,

Did you manage to check if there are any limitations as regards to development stores ?

dma550
Shopify Partner
15 0 3

Liam, could you please comment?