Hi Shopify Community,
Would be very grateful for any help provided.
While working with the webhooks -> order we found that in the customer object some webhooks (update, create) are missing the following fields: first_name, last_name, phone, etc.
At the same time, webhook -> order \ paid has all the fields mentioned in the guide, including first_name, last_name, phone.
Previously we didn't face this problem.
The main questions are:
- This is a bug or is it supposed to be so?
- If it is a bug when it would be fixed?
- If it is not a bug, how to add these fields to the mentioned webhooks?
Hi Philip, I can have a look at this. To be sure specifically you're talking about the customers/create & customers/update missing those fields you specified?
Thank you for getting back to us!
I am talking about order/update and order/create webhooks.
So first comes order/paid webhook and it contains first_name, last_name, phone, etc. and after that order update and create come and they do not contain this data.
Could you please check it?
Those fields are included on the order by default, and there's no current bug preventing these from being included in the webhook. You should check the `fields` on your webhook subscriptions to those topics to make sure you're getting the correct fields in the webhook payload & the default payload hasn't been overridden.
Thank you for your help!
I can confirm that the new apps we are building don't have such an issue. But one of our old apps has it. We tried to unsubscribe and subscribe to the webhooks again but still, these fields are unavailable.
It seems to be a local issue. I will inform you about our investigation results when we come to a conclusion.
You advised us to check the fields field. We checked it and it was empty. This means we should receive the complete data.
To eliminate that the issue is on our side:
- We Installed/Deleted webhooks on different stores numerous times
- Instead of the code where the issue was detected we used only the app’s keys and still the issue continued to appear.
- We did the same with another app. I mean we used only the app’s keys (Shopify API) instead of the code where the issue was detected. And still, the issue continued to appear.
- But. In another app, we used different keys and the same code as in the apps mentioned above and the issue didn’t appear.
To sum up:
The issue arises not in every app. Only in two of them mentioned above. The app’s code doesn’t affect the result.
I will send this info to Shopify Partner support including the links to the specific apps.