Moving variants from one delivery profile to another. Shouldn't it send two webhooks?

Solved

Moving variants from one delivery profile to another. Shouldn't it send two webhooks?

zubairmohsin
Shopify Partner
58 1 11

If we move variants from one delivery profile to another in Shopify Admin, shouldn't it send two webhooks for both delivery profiles under the `profile/update` topic?

I am only getting one webhook, for the profile to which I am moving variants. Is this known behavior?

Accepted Solution (1)

mrad
Shopify Staff (Retired)
63 10 15

This is an accepted solution.

Hi zubairmohsin,

Only receiving a webhook for the profile to which you're moving variants to is expected behaviour. The only way to receive a webhook for both is to manually remove the variant from one profile and then add it to the other.

mrad | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

mrad
Shopify Staff (Retired)
63 10 15

This is an accepted solution.

Hi zubairmohsin,

Only receiving a webhook for the profile to which you're moving variants to is expected behaviour. The only way to receive a webhook for both is to manually remove the variant from one profile and then add it to the other.

mrad | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

zubairmohsin
Shopify Partner
58 1 11

Thank you. It made sense after I posted the question 😅