Multiple Webhooks Registered for Single Action

Solved

Multiple Webhooks Registered for Single Action

jbgrd
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Sorry if this question is common, I searched but didn't find anything describing my scenario. 

My company has an existing Shopify integration to our ERP that they've asked me to rewrite. The existing integration uses an order creation webhook. I've tested the new integration against a test shop and we are close to being ready to go live with it. Before we do though, in our live shop I would like to create a second webhook for our new inhouse integration which would connect to our development ERP environment, while the existing integration would continue to connect to our production ERP environment. This would allow me to compare the live Shopify order data coming into our ERP between environments for more testing prior to making the final changeover.

This scenario seems to work ok in our test shop, but before I attempted this on our live shop I wanted to check to make sure this was an acceptable practice. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Accepted Solution (1)

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 271 415

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @jbgrd,

Apps can only create a single webhook for each topic/action. A workaround would be to create another app, or create the webhook via the admin > settings > notifications (if the original webhook wasn't created via the admin).

Scott | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 271 415

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @jbgrd,

Apps can only create a single webhook for each topic/action. A workaround would be to create another app, or create the webhook via the admin > settings > notifications (if the original webhook wasn't created via the admin).

Scott | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 

jbgrd
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I do have a separate private app for the new integration. Also the existing integration creates the webhook programatically, so I will register the second webhook in the Admin section under the new private app and it sounds like I'll be in good shape. Thanks for your help.