Solved

Not getting response when customers_marketing_consent/update event occur?

RavindraPatel
Shopify Partner
30 1 5

As per the Shopify document, the customers_marketing_consent/update events occur whenever a customer's marketing consent is updated.

https://shopify.dev/api/admin-rest/2021-10/resources/webhook
https://shopify.dev/api/admin-graphql/2021-10/enums/webhooksubscriptiontopic

I have created a webhook for the "customers_marketing_consent/update" topic. When I am updating the customer's email marketing status from Shopify's customer section, not get any response from Shopify.

Is there anything that I'm missing? Help me out, guys.

Accepted Solution (1)

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @RavindraPatel 

This could be made a little clearer in the Webhook Subscription Docs actually (I'll look into that), but the customers_marketing_consent_update hook is scoped to fire when adding  and update customers' consent to receive marketing materials via SMS. 

This customerSmsMarketingConsentUpdate mutation here (docs) will fire the hook.  

Additionally, if a store has enabled  the "Show an option to subscribe at checkout" in Marketing Consent section of checkout settings ,  the customers_marketing_consent_update hook would fire, providing that the customer completes checkout.

Regarding enabling/disabling the Marketing Status in the Customer's Admin section as per below :

17-51-umu02-u9txw

Changing this would only fire the customer/update hook presently - this would be why you hadn't received a hook if listening for a change on customers_marketing_consent/update.

That said, the Customers team is working on surfacing SMS consent in the customer list, customer profile, and customer CSV file, but I can't give an ETA unfortunately. Hope that helps!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

RavindraPatel
Shopify Partner
30 1 5

In addition, the webhook customers_marketing_consent/update topic to get notification when a customer updates their SMS marketing consent. Is there any way to get notification for Email marketing?

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @RavindraPatel 

This could be made a little clearer in the Webhook Subscription Docs actually (I'll look into that), but the customers_marketing_consent_update hook is scoped to fire when adding  and update customers' consent to receive marketing materials via SMS. 

This customerSmsMarketingConsentUpdate mutation here (docs) will fire the hook.  

Additionally, if a store has enabled  the "Show an option to subscribe at checkout" in Marketing Consent section of checkout settings ,  the customers_marketing_consent_update hook would fire, providing that the customer completes checkout.

Regarding enabling/disabling the Marketing Status in the Customer's Admin section as per below :

17-51-umu02-u9txw

Changing this would only fire the customer/update hook presently - this would be why you hadn't received a hook if listening for a change on customers_marketing_consent/update.

That said, the Customers team is working on surfacing SMS consent in the customer list, customer profile, and customer CSV file, but I can't give an ETA unfortunately. Hope that helps!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
RavindraPatel
Shopify Partner
30 1 5

Hey @Luke_K 

Thanks for your response.
In the future, it will be great when we have a different webhook for Email marketing consent.
Waiting for update.

Jujuba
Shopify Partner
23 0 6

Is there any news on that topic? Is there a webhook for Email-Marketing?

RavindraPatel
Shopify Partner
30 1 5

Great news!

The wait is finally over. In the upcoming Shopify API 2023-07 version, we will have a new webhook topic for email subscribers.
Find out more at: https://shopify.dev/docs/api/admin-rest/2023-07/resources/webhook#event-topics-customers-email-marke...