Order fulfillment 2023-10 hook returning empty origin_address

itsarrow
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi, I'm attempting to get a parcel's "sender" address using an order fulfillment hook. Would this be the origin_address in the fulfillment array? If so, why is it returning empty? I found there is also a location_id field, but that is just the id for a location. I would prefer if I could use one webhook for all my needs.

Much Appreciated

Replies 3 (3)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 299 769

Hi Itsarrow,

Yes, you are correct. The "sender" address in the context of a fulfillment would typically be represented by the origin_address field in the fulfillment array. This field should contain the address from where the fulfillment has been done, usually a warehouse or fulfillment center.

However, if it's returning empty, there could be a few possible explanations:

1. The fulfillment may not have been associated with an origin address at the time the webhook was triggered.
  2. The origin_address field might be empty if the fulfillment was made from a location that does not have a specified address.
  3. There could be an issue with the permissions of your API client. Make sure your API client has the necessary read_orders or read_marketplace_orders access scopes.

Hope this helps!

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

itsarrow
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey Liam,

I appreciate the help so far.

The obstacle persists. My observations so far:

1. The fulfillment should be associated with an origin address at the time the webhook was triggered since the webhook is triggered after purchasing a shipping label.
  2.  The location ID is correct within the payload.
  3.  The shipping origin address under Store Settings>Shipping & Delivery exists, with the name matching the location ID's name.
  4. I am receiving all other data within the payload so I do not think the issue is with permissions.
  5. Could it be that Shopify is not recognizing the address set within shipping origins? (Since I believe shipping quotes are based off just the postal code)
    The Address Field in Shipping & Delivery settings has the format:
    P.O Box 11111 RPO someRPO, Toronto Ontario Z1Z 1Z1, Canada

Any ideas?
DarpanMemes
Visitor
1 0 0

I am facing the same issue , response coming from fulfillment creation hook returning origin_location as null but while fetching all fulfillments with rest api getting origin_location in line items array in all fullfillments of an order.
Is it possible that i will receive origin_location in webhook as well.
Checked All scopes working fine