TL;DR: The new feature, which was introduced in `2023-07`, is broken, not stable, and not practical.
I have started experimenting with this Product Feed sync:
I have tested it under GCP PubSub and HTTP webhooks to confirm no delivery issues (also a 100% delivery rate on the app dashboard).
The results were pretty inconsistent:
1. Sometimes, not all the products come back
2. Sometimes, there are multiple same payload webhooks with different webhook IDs; one comes from 18.104.22.168 with a wrong HMAC, and one comes from 22.214.171.124 with a proper one.
3. The docs link is broken, lead to 404:
then click on ErsProvidedPayload.
4. Important fields like 'tags' do not exist in the product incremental update
Thanks for flagging these issues, I've let the Marketplaces product team know and I'll report back here with an update asap.
- Whenever a Variant got deleted, the product update doesn't contain the variant option remove/update
- Whenever a Product is Unarchived, a corresponding webhook not arrive.