Webhook is failing Error: x509

ansarsaeed
Tourist
17 0 0

Hi, I created an app to place orders on the supplier's website via API and I am receiving error emails from Shopify that Webhook is failing.

Can anyone please help I already spent a lot of time resolving this?

Below is the email

Your webhook for orders/create at https://137.184.62.126/webhook/orders-create is failing to return a successful response.

This webhook has been attempted 4 times. If your webhook continues to fail, it will be removed and your application will not receive any more notifications.

Recent failures:

For more information, view failed webhook deliveries on your Partner Dashboard.

January 27, 2022 at 11:34 pm

Error: x509: certificate relies on legacy Common Name field, use SANs or temporarily enable Common Name matching with GODEBUG=x509ignoreCN=0

Store: cedarpromos.myshopify.com

January 27, 2022 at 10:47 pm

Error: x509: certificate relies on legacy Common Name field, use SANs or temporarily enable Common Name matching with GODEBUG=x509ignoreCN=0

January 27, 2022 at 8:06 pm

January 27, 2022 at 7:58 pm

Reduce complexity and scale your webhooks easily with an eventbus integration. Learn more about setting up Google Cloud Pub/Sub or Amazon EventBridge!

Reply 1 (1)

james-langille
Shopify Staff (Retired)
70 15 27

Hello, @ansarsaeed,

I took a quick look at this error in our logs and found that only 3 hosts (including yours) are experiencing this problem. So, unfortunately, there is nothing else I can do other than recommend that you double-check your host's SSL configuration (including certificates) to be sure that it can communicate properly over SSL.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.