Join us for an upcoming Shopify Partner webinar on February 27, 2024. Discover the latest Checkout Extensibility features, and deep dive on improvements to Shopify Functions and Web Pixels. Register now for either the 10am EST or 2pm EST sessions.

When order_transactions/create webhook is being called ?

s-sana
Shopify Partner
10 1 1

order_transactions/create webhook is not working other webhooks are working fine but when exactly order_transactions/create is called. I am working in Ruby on Rails i've created a job for it same like for other webhooks. I suppose after order creation the transaction webhook must be called but its not it. 

Why only orders/create webhook is being called no other order webhooks being called ?

Help me get out of it.

Thanking in anticipation. 

Replies 2 (2)

Busfox
Shopify Staff (Retired)
628 49 110

Hi @s-sana,

An order can be created without a transaction. Can you ensure the order you are expecting an order_transactions/create webhook to be triggered on has an associated transaction?

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

s-sana
Shopify Partner
10 1 1

@Busfox wrote:

Hi @s-sana,

An order can be created without a transaction. Can you ensure the order you are expecting an order_transactions/create webhook to be triggered on has an associated transaction?

Cheers,

Thank you for your response, i figured out and its working and i have n't triggered on association transaction.