Connect to supplier ERP system

Hanschelle
2 0 0

Hi

We have found a supplier in China that seems good. They want us to connect to there ERP system, which is fine, but to do that they need shopify name and password for the shop. We are of course not very interested in giving the shop password. Is the best way to use a shopify app, is it even possible to connect to a ERP system through an app ?

Could another option be to create an account with limited access ? Not sure what rights are needed to connect to the ERP system though.

Best Regards

Han

Replies 3 (3)
dropship_helps
Shopify Expert
1736 55 261

Did they request full access? 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
Hanschelle
2 0 0

They just asked for shop name and shop password, but then they will have full access I guess.

Han

Jason
Shopify Expert
10873 190 2177

Do not give out usernames and password to vendors. It's quite important that you keep your account safe so push back and ask for more clarification on exactly what they need, and why they need it. If they can not answer basic questions like that it will help you decide if that's a vendor to trust going forward. If they come back with reasonable reasons that is helpful too!

ERP providers should not need Admin access however they may need API access. If you do end up making an API key for them do not make it full access. Restrict API access to the bare minimum.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★