FROM CACHE - en_header

Help Please

Solved
karlosd
4 0 0

I need some help please I think I have my shop setup wrong, customer can select items and view but don’t seem to be purchasing.... where have I gone wrong???

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
GeorgeMurdasov
Shopify Partner
7 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hello! How many abandoned carts do you have? If it is just one, and the payment gateway is working fine, then, you can't make a decision on that count. Work with your traffic and products, there might be a huge amount of reasons, why the cart is abandoned.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like and Accept the Solution
AliDropship App | Dropshipping with AliExpress
Do you want to start dropshipping? Feel free to text me:
Email: georgy.murdasov@alidropship.com

View solution in original post

gavinw
Excursionist
26 2 5

Hey @karlosd!

I have some relevant experience since I've managed lots of eCommerce stores before, to tell you frankly– there could be a number of reasons why the customers you're encountering end up 'abandoning' their cart.

1. The Number of Payment Options

-> One reason might be because there is no available payment option that is somewhat convenient for them. Try and see from which locations/countries your customers are coming from, and take a look if you've already integrated their most used payment method.

2. Outstanding Shipping Fees

-> Once survey that I've found said that 82% of customers are more likely to buy from a store that has free shipping. Again, try and track your customers and leads, and see how much shipping fees are for their location.

3. Potentially – Discount Code Problem

-> If there are any functioning discount codes and preexisting promos on your shop, you need to make sure that it works on the cart. If this malfunctions, customers might think you duped them to just click without actually providing them your promised value.

I've found a ton of amazing references that could actually help you get started if you're only in the near beginning of your eCommerce journey. Try to check out this article and this Shopify blog post to jump-start your progress.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
dropship_helps
Shopify Expert
1761 55 265

Hi @karlosd 

Customers Add to cart your products? 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
karlosd
4 0 0
Yes I see the customer add items the the cart but not completing the purchase as per the Shopify analytics. I have done a dummy purchase to see if can be completed. Went though okay. Not sure where I have gone wrong
karlosd
4 0 0

According to the Shopify analytics customers add items to the cart but never complete the purchase. I have done a trial purchase and that has gone through. Not sure where I have gone wrong 

karlosd
4 0 0

Yes, they add to cart but don’t seem to complete the purchase. I did a test purchase and it went thought okay. 

GeorgeMurdasov
Shopify Partner
7 1 0

Hello! How many abandoned carts do you have? If it is just one, and the payment gateway is working fine, then, you can't make a decision on that count. Work with your traffic and products, there might be a huge amount of reasons, why the cart is abandoned.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like and Accept the Solution
AliDropship App | Dropshipping with AliExpress
Do you want to start dropshipping? Feel free to text me:
Email: georgy.murdasov@alidropship.com

gavinw
Excursionist
26 2 5

Hey @karlosd!

I have some relevant experience since I've managed lots of eCommerce stores before, to tell you frankly– there could be a number of reasons why the customers you're encountering end up 'abandoning' their cart.

1. The Number of Payment Options

-> One reason might be because there is no available payment option that is somewhat convenient for them. Try and see from which locations/countries your customers are coming from, and take a look if you've already integrated their most used payment method.

2. Outstanding Shipping Fees

-> Once survey that I've found said that 82% of customers are more likely to buy from a store that has free shipping. Again, try and track your customers and leads, and see how much shipping fees are for their location.

3. Potentially – Discount Code Problem

-> If there are any functioning discount codes and preexisting promos on your shop, you need to make sure that it works on the cart. If this malfunctions, customers might think you duped them to just click without actually providing them your promised value.

I've found a ton of amazing references that could actually help you get started if you're only in the near beginning of your eCommerce journey. Try to check out this article and this Shopify blog post to jump-start your progress.

Hope this helps!