How to set up shipping when using Oberlo and AliExpress

Christa_Grant
Tourist
3 0 1

I am wondering how to connect my Shopify to AliExpress so they get the orders. Do I use the Custom Order Fulfillment option? What email do I put in?
Thanks

0 Likes
Alexandra_D
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
46 0 13

Hey, Christa! 

Alex here from Shopify's support team. 

The email address that your customers will see can be found and updated in the Settings > General section of your Shopify admin. If this wasn't what you meant, let know and I'd be happy to clarify :)

In regards to shipping, keep in mind that Oberlo, while it will help to manage the connection between AliExpress and Shopify, it won't sync your shipping settings. This means that you'll want to set up your shipping manually in the Settings > Shipping section of your Shopify admin to cover the shipping costs being charged by AliExpress.

When possible, it's recommended to resell products that offer free ePacket shipping. Generally speaking, ePacket delivery is not only the most economical, but one of the quickest for small goods to get to the United States. You can see some more information about how to set everything up in our Definitive Guide to Dropshipping with AliExpress

There's also a video walkthrough of the actual order process here

I hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to follow up with any other questions :)

0 Likes
Christa_Grant
Tourist
3 0 1

I have my site ready to go. Using oberlo and shopify. I am trying to find out what needs to be set up for shipping. Items I chose are ePacket.  I thought those would be free? 

So do I just do a test purchase and see what happens? I was hoping for some shipping documentation regarding Ali/Oberlo/Shopify. Step by step...

Thanks

Christa_Grant
Tourist
3 0 1

Great how -to for processing orders!

Thank you.

So that is all I need to do for oberlo/aliexpress orders?

Just want to make sure that my shipping settings are correct.

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Michael_Wu1
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Alex, what about the shipping times? Are they transferred to shopify for the items when bought?

I have decided to go your route and dropship products with shipping until i get more familiar.

0 Likes
Thelibarr
Tourist
4 0 3

With respect to shipping times: 

I created a custom solution that imports up to date shipping times into Shopify from Aliexpress (see screenshot for how it looks on the cart page). Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 21.56.39.png

The import works by defining a max price that you are willing to pay for shipping. The scraper then goes through Aliexpress and downloads the delivery method with the fastest shipping that is below the specified max price. This is repeated for each product in the store. 

Will be happy to help anyone interested with implementing this. Just shoot me a message at tony@deskgrown.com. Can get this setup for your store in about a day :)

You can check www.deskgrown.com to see how it looks and works in my store. 

Mall-orama
1 0 0
Hello. I need assistance to have this setup. Please help.
0 Likes

Hello @Christa_Grant 

Please check the oberlo official guide to order processing here

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
kaleclothingco
Tourist
7 0 5

I am very interested. Our company has been suffering due to the amount of money we are losing to unmatched shipping costs and I think this would be super helpful.

0 Likes
kaleclothingco
Tourist
7 0 5

(Sorry for responding to my own post!)

But I was actually wondering if there was any other program that could skim through a product-based up URL, and import those shipping options to Shopify, where the buyer can pick where they want it from and how much they are willing to pay. 

0 Likes