Why am I being charged $60 for shipping fees on Shopify?

TWil22
Visitor
3 0 0

Why did Shopify charge me 60$ of shipping fees ? When it was time to renew my Shopify plan I got charged 60$ for it! Can someone please explain to me why I got charged 60$ for shipping fees when all my customers pay for their own shipping. 

Replies 7 (7)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

Do you purchase shipping labels directly through the Shopify admin? If so, the monthly shipping fees comprise of the cost of these shipping labels. Your customers pay for shipping which is included in your payouts weekly/fortnightly/monthly, however you would purchase the shipping labels when fulfilling an order. The cost of these shipping labels aren't billed right away (unless you have reached the monthly fee threshold) and instead, are included in your monthly billing with Shopify. This explains where the $60 worth of shipping fees has come from on your end.

If you don't purchase shipping labels through your Shopify admin, please let me know and I can direct you with the next best steps from here so our team can look into it.

While we're on the topic of shipping, I want to provide you with a resource regarding Shipping Strategies. It's important to have an efficient shipping strategy in place as the shipping experience is an aspect of a store that creates a better customer experience and contributes to the decision to make a sale or not. We also have a great Shipping on Shopify course that you can also take through Shopify Learn .

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TWil22
Visitor
3 0 0

Isn’t my monthly fee threshold 480?

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi there!

You can find your Billing Threshold if you go through to Settings > Billing. Once the threshold billing limit is reached, an invoice is issued and needs to be paid before you can continue purchasing labels. However in this case, it sounds as though you haven't reached your fee threshold so you are billed the shipping costs monthly as per normal.

TWil22
Visitor
3 0 0

So everytime somebody order from my website I get billed the shipping cost even though my customers pay for their own shipping? 

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi there,

When a customer pays for their shipping, this is paid out to you in your weekly/fortnightly/monthly payouts. So this isn't paid directly towards the shipping label and is instead paid to you directly within your payouts. This means that when you're purchasing the shipping labels, you should have the funds readily available in your bank account (or the amount set aside in your account from your payouts). Shipping labels are not purchased by the customer when they pay the shipping rates you have set, the shipping labels are your responsibility to have paid and printed (via the costs paid by the customer.) Let me know if you have further questions.

dropship_helps
Shopify Expert
1823 56 280

Hi @TWil22 

I think because of the shipping label.

TeamSpocket
Trailblazer
183 10 27

Hi @TWil22 ,

Shopify has a program called Shopify shipping, that allows you to print shipping labels directly in Spocket. If you are in the United States, they support the following carrier:

• USPS
  • UPS (not available in Puerto Rico)
  • DHL Express (continental United States only)

If you opted for this service,it will be charged to you via Shopify Invoice. Either together with your Shopify subscription Or separately. No worries, as long as you are passing the cost of the shipping to your customer, it should be fine.  I hope this helps. 

By the way, are you looking for more products to sell in your store?  You should try Spocket. It's a dropshipping app that allows you to sell high-quality products from our suppliers based around the world including suppliers based in major countries like the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.

You can sign up for a free Spocket account and browse our catalogs of products. We also provide a 14-day free trial on our paid subscription to help you get started with selling. You can also check our success stories on some of our retailers. 

Cheers,
Spencer and the Spocket team