Can Shopify Basic support B2C and wholesale pricing simultaneously?

nzpatm
4 0 1

Hey everyone,

I am wanting to know what solution people are using to sell wholesale as well as B2C, while remaining on a Shopify Basic account. My product business is mainly the later, but I want to be able to sell to Barbershops and Salons also. For them, they will have access to wholesale pricing, which I would like to be loaded when they log in, or at least at checkout. Without going the very expensive route of Shopify Plus, is there any other workarounds or suggestions you have while we get our business off the ground, as we can't currently justify the pricing of Shopify Plus.

Replies 2 (2)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

Hey, @nzpatm.

Thank you for posting this question!

If you're looking to sell to customers (B2C) and businesses (B2B) without having to upgrade to Shopify Plus, then you can consider using a third-party wholesale app. Apps, like Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale or Wholesale Club, offer a complete solution for wholesale by allowing you to create custom pricing for your B2B customers using customers tags. If you need any help with a third-party app, then the app developer is always available to assist you - simply reach out to them through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

That being said, if you'd like to explore some more options, then you check out our list of wholesale apps in the Shopify app store. Since most of these apps come with a free trial, I'd recommend trying them in your store to see which one best suits your needs. 

I'd love to hear more about your business! What kinds of products are you selling? Do you have a marketing plan for your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BSS-Commerce
Shopify Expert
3438 457 511

Hi @nzpatm 

In case you don't want to upgrade to Shopify Plus, you should consider using 3rd-party B2B apps. The apps Elias mentioned are great choices for you. Also, if you still want to have more options, then you can find out B2B/ Wholesale Solution app which may meet your demands. 

You can easily set up wholesale pricing for your specific customers. Also, it provides you with lots of features like:

• Create custom B2B registrations to separate customers from the start
  • Set up Custom Pricing for products based on customers/customer tags
  • Set up tier-discount (Quantity Break/Volume Discount) based on product quantities in orders
  • Auto-add tags for customers based on smart conditions
  • Including / Excluding Tax Display
  • Restrict customer's checkout if order minimum/maximum quantity/amount is not reached
  • Automatic currency switcher
  • Set custom shipping rate per customer
  • Apply a custom price list for specific customers
  • Create an additional fee when the product/shopping cart meets the quantity/amount range

I hope that it will be useful for your business. Feel free to let me know if you need further help.

If our suggestions are useful, please let us know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

For B2B solutions and custom pricing, check out B2B Solution & Custom Pricing |
For adding product labels/badges, visit Product Labels by BSS

BSS Commerce - Shopify Apps & Store Development Service Provider

Hire a Shopify expert | Shopify Plus Store Development