Expedite payout hold triggered by Support-recommended payout switch?

Hi all,

Really need guidance!

I switched my payout destination from an external bank back to Shopify Balance, specifically because a Support Advisor told me in chat that switching to Balance does not trigger the security pause that switching to an external bank does. Based on that guidance I switched, and a new 7-day hold was applied anyway. I would not have done this switch if I knew there would be a new hold.

I have the full chat transcript documenting the original guidance. I’ve escalated, and a Support Advisor confirmed the case was sent to a specialized review team with the transcript linked. The scheduled release date is 9/4, but I need funds for payroll sooner.

Has anyone had a case like this resolved faster than the standard timeline? Any advice on getting traction over a weekend, or should I expect it to not even be seen until Monday?

Appreciate any insight on similar experiences!

Hey @ash_b, specialized review/risk teams generally don’t touch escalations over the weekend, so realistically expect movement Monday, not before. One thing that helps: keep replying in the same escalated chat/case thread instead of opening a new one, a fresh ticket resets your spot in the queue since it gets read chronologically by whoever picks it up next. Reference the case number and mention the transcript is already attached each time you follow up so they don’t have to go hunt for it. If your plan includes phone support, a call tends to move faster than chat for a hold like this since it forces a live handoff instead of sitting in a queue. Hope it clears before payroll.