1099 is incorrect and needs updated

skyeburton
1 0 0

Hello, 

By mistake one of our employees who helped set up our store is listed on our 1099's. The IRS is reaching out to them and needs to receive corrected 1099's in the companies name and $0.00 1099's in the employees' name to clear up the tax issues they are experiencing. We have been emailing 1099 support and regular support with no response for weeks.  The employee has had to request an extension due to lack of response and they will not grant another extension. If someone could help us get in touch with the appropriate team to correct this quickly it would be greatly appreciated.  Support Ticket number - 21177036

Replies 11 (11)
Sophia
Shopify Staff
963 61 105

@Sipsy wrote:

This is a joke. I have been waiting since April for my corrected 1099 and I keep getting the runaround. I have sent several follow up emails without a response. Under ticket number 23217846.

Hello, @Sipsy.

I understand that it has been frustrating to wait longer than anticipated for a reply on your request to correct the information on your 1099-K form. The turnaround time has been longer than normal this year due to a large number of requests, but our Tax Support team has assured me that they're working through tickets as quickly as possible. Please note that following up on your existing ticket is only necessary if you have additional information to share. Otherwise, the Tax Support team will reply to you as soon as they've had a chance to review and process the request. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Bill29
Tourist
11 0 0

Hey @Sipsy,

Did the tax team ever respond to you? I'm in a similar situation waiting for them, and am looking for ideas of if there is a faster way to resolve this.

Thanks!