Can I switch my Shopify billing currency to INR from USD?

Sharkbags2019
Visitor
2 0 0

I want to change my billing currency to INR from USD

Replies 17 (17)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @Sharkbags2019 

If you want to change the billing currency from USD to your local currency of INR, the following steps will help you achieve this:

• From Shopify Admin > Settings > Billing.

• Click the ... button in the Billing currency section > Change billing currency.

• Select your new billing currency from the drop-down menu.

Hope this helps.

banned
Sharkbags2019
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I am not able to find the drop-down menu when I follow these steps 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @Sharkbags2019,

You should now be able to change your billing currency from USD to INR in the section of the admin detailed by @AvadaCommerce. The currency can be changed by clicking on these three dots here and selecting the "Change billing currency" option:

14-59-44445-95969

If you're still having difficulties finding this option, please provide more information on what you're seeing when you head to Settings > Billing and I'll see what I can recommend.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lunasolg87
Tourist
15 0 2

Hi there,

I am having the same issue as I cannot find those three dots on my Billings Settings. It does not display the dots. Could you please assist if possible? I need my Billing currency to be changed from USD to AUD my local currency. thank you, GUntitled.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @lunasolg87,

At this time, changing your billing currency is only available in selected countries—the United Kingdom, India, and the 19 European countries where the Euro is the local currency. As you are asking to be billed in AUD I can assume you are based in Australia, so I am afraid it is not possible for you to change your billing currency from USD.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

lunasolg87
Tourist
15 0 2
Ok thank you for letting me know as I wasn’t aware of the selection of countries. Appreciate your reply and help. Have a great day. Regards G
Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @lunasolg87,

You're very welcome. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Helen_Steele
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Victor

When did Shopify start the option of charging in the UK currency, GBP please?

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @Helen_Steele,

Shopify began to allow merchants in the United Kingdom to pay for their Shopify bills in GBP a few months ago. The local billing option has been rolled out to different countries and regions throughout 2022; as well as the UK, merchants in India and the European Union (where EUR is the local currency) have been able to pay for their bills in currencies other than USD.

If you'd like to change your billing currency, you can do so by heading to Settings > Billing in the Shopify admin. Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.

SmallMouthVodka
Visitor
1 0 0

Can we expect this to be rolled out to Australia in the near future?

Would really appreciate being able to pay for the subscription and apps in AUD as it is very easy to spend more than we are realising when adding apps to the store!

Regards,
-Jay

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @SmallMouthVodka,

Thank you for getting in touch and letting us know that this is important for you and your business. At this time, the option to pay for your bills in a currency other than USD is only available in Canada, Singapore, India, the United Kingdom, and European Union countries where the euro is the local currency.

It is possible that in future this option becomes available to merchants in other countries such as Australia, however at this time this is not something that is planed or imminent. Nonetheless, I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our development team, and I hope in future that this becomes an option for yourself and other Australian merchants.

EunoiaShop
Visitor
1 0 1

Can I please also register my interest in getting the Australian Dollar added to the available currency. Thanks.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @EunoiaShop,

Yes, and thank you for letting us know this is something you'd like to see as an option. Your feedback has been submitted.

MSH1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey, im currently based in Denmark, and i want to change my billing currency from US dollars to EUR but the three dots are not showing..?

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @MSH1,

If the option to change the default currency on your store appears to be locked, please contact our support team directly. They can authenticate you on the account and unlock this option for you.

The currency selector is locked when you have processed a sale on your store, and can be found in Settings > Store details in the Shopify admin.

ChiragV
Excursionist
13 0 1

Hi Victor,

I am having the same issue, but I would like either an AED (Arab Emirates Dirham) or an INR (Indian Rupee) billing currency. I am currently situated in Dubai, UAE, and i still do not have the option of changing the billing currency. PFA for your reference.

ChiragV_0-1668617062358.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @ChiragV,

The option to pay in your local currency is not available to merchants in the United Arab Emirates at this time. Only merchants in eligible selected countries are able to pay for their Shopify invoices in their local currency, which is why you will not be seeing this option in your admin.

Availability of this option may change in future but for the time being this option is only available to merchants in the European Union, United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, and India.