Changing Shop Pay Installments Payout Descriptor

austinxheath
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I work for a custom merchandise company that builds web stores for multiple clients. Since we manage multiple stores, we need our payouts from the stores to be labeled with their own respective payout descriptor. These are set up for our general payouts, but we received our first deposit for a ShopPay Installments payout that was listed "SHOPPAYINST AFRM PAYMENTS". I'm not seeing a way to modify these payout descriptors as the only option is for regular Shopify Payments/Shop Pay transactions. Is this something that can be modified, or is there a plan to implement that functionality?

Thanks!

Replies 3 (3)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1693 146 297

Hey, @austinxheath.

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Thank you for sharing your question with us. At this time, it not possible to change the payout descriptor for Shop Pay Installments powered by Affirm. Since these are managed by Affirm, they are technically separate from your other payouts which can have their descriptor changed

I trust that answers your question, but let us know if anything else comes up.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

citycakes
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Olivia - is there a way to download the detail of the Shop Pay by Affirm charges so we can reconcile it against our bank statements?

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1693 146 297

Hi @citycakes!

Thanks for connecting with us.

Since Shop Pay Installment charges use a higher credit card rate to process these transactions, there are no separate fees per se that you would see on your bank statements.

Where you can expect to find and reconcile these fees would be in your payout information. A quick way to access this information at an overview is to head to Admin > Analytics > Reports > Finances > Finances Summary. 

There, you can expect to see something like this:

11-22-85873-95453

Use the filters in the reporting system to narrow down specific dates, charges and more. 

I trust that answers your question, but let me know if anything else comes up.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog