Getting my tax id updated

Solved
kiborayonline
2 0 0

When I had originally set up my store earlier this year I did so as an individual. Later in the year, I formed an LLC.

I want to make sure that I can put the tax id (EIN) of my LLC to use for tax purposes for my store instead of my personal tax id (SSN). I don't see any place in the Settings where I can do that.

I tried emailing support but they have been unresponsive for weeks. Please help me with the process for getting that updated.

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2786 365 563

Hi, @kiborayonline

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting with our support. Definitely strange that you haven't heard back in weeks; however, I'm here, and happy to help! While your SSN can not be removed from the account, you can add your EIN for tax purposes. In order to do this, I will need to verify the store to escalate your request to our Tax team. I have gone ahead and sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support" to verify the store. If you can respond to the email with the requested information then I can ensure your request is escalated. 

Chat soon!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

pielislena
1 0 0

Hi Peter, 

I need assistance with the same issue.

Thanks ahead!

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2786 365 563

@pielislena 

I have sent you an email. 

0 Likes
kiborayonline
2 0 0

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response. Actually I heard from the Financial Services team a couple of days ago. They added a section to my admin area to upload my EIN documents. I have done that now and just waiting to hear back. I will also respond to your email.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
uncoolrecords
1 0 0

Hi Peter,

We have the exact same issue.  Can you please reach out to us?

Thanks!

0 Likes
CocktailCritter
2 0 0

@Trevor I am having a similar issue. There doesn't seem to be any support line/contact I can connect with to change the name and TIN of my 1099-K. Can you please advise? Thank you!

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2786 365 563

This is an accepted solution.

@CocktailCritter @uncoolrecords 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

0 Likes
TeamWilpers
1 0 0

Hi, 

We have also been trying to change our Tax ID for months, with not help from support despite several tickets being created. We changed our company name and EIN and need to make the change to ensure correct reporting? Can you please help?

Thanks,

Riley

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2786 365 563

@TeamWilpers 

Our Tax team is working through a high number of requests at the moment which has resulted in delays. Based on the details provided, it sounds like your ticket has already been escalated. Our general support will not have any other information to provide outside of the ticket has been escalated to the appropriate team. You will receive an email as soon as someone from our Tax team has reviewed your request. 

0 Likes