Solved

How much do I pay for transactions on a Shopify basic plan?

SquareBuy
Excursionist
20 0 1

Hi Just Want To Ask. If For Example I Have A 50€ Order And I Pay 30€ For The Product & 5€ For Shipping After That I Will Have 15€ (Tax Paid Already) How Much Will I Have To Pay For Transactions & Stuff Like That (Shopify Fees)? My Payment Provider Is 2Checkout With 0% Transaction Fee. Confused Because Shopify Basic Plan Says Transaction fees for all payment providers: 2.0%

Currency conversion fee: 2.0%

Accepted Solutions (2)

PurchaseSurvey
Explorer
60 5 18

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @SquareBuy

This is PostPurchaseSurvey.com - the easiest Post Purchase Survey solution on the market. Developed for merchants, by merchants. 

You're correct, payments outside of Shopify are charged a 2% commission fee. So you would pay a 1€ Shopify fee. 

Your total cost would be: 30€ + 5€  + 1€ = 36€

We're PostPurchaseSurvey.com, the easiest Post Purchase Survey solution on the market. Grow revenue, attribute ad spend and improve your relationships with your customers. Developed by active 7-figure merchants.  
Grow your store with the latest eCommerce tactics through our blog

View solution in original post

Emily
Shopify Staff
1309 101 189

Hey, @SquareBuy

Thank you for reaching out! 

Shopify does charge a 2% transaction fee on each order if you do not use Shopify payments. You will be charged 2% of your total order amount. Even though your payment provider 2Checkout, charges you 0% transaction fees, you are still paying the credit cards. If you decided to use Shopify Payments, you wouldn't be charged transaction fees, just the negotiated credit card fee. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions! If you don't mind me asking, how come you decided to use 2Checkout as your payment provider instead of Shopify payments? 

Talk soon, 

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

PurchaseSurvey
Explorer
60 5 18

Hey @SquareBuy

This is PostPurchaseSurvey.com - the easiest Post Purchase Survey solution on the market. Developed for merchants, by merchants. 

You're correct, payments outside of Shopify are charged a 2% commission fee. So you would pay a 1€ Shopify fee. 

Your total cost would be: 30€ + 5€  + 1€ = 36€

We're PostPurchaseSurvey.com, the easiest Post Purchase Survey solution on the market. Grow revenue, attribute ad spend and improve your relationships with your customers. Developed by active 7-figure merchants.  
Grow your store with the latest eCommerce tactics through our blog

Emily
Shopify Staff
1309 101 189

Hey, @SquareBuy

Thank you for reaching out! 

Shopify does charge a 2% transaction fee on each order if you do not use Shopify payments. You will be charged 2% of your total order amount. Even though your payment provider 2Checkout, charges you 0% transaction fees, you are still paying the credit cards. If you decided to use Shopify Payments, you wouldn't be charged transaction fees, just the negotiated credit card fee. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions! If you don't mind me asking, how come you decided to use 2Checkout as your payment provider instead of Shopify payments? 

Talk soon, 

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SquareBuy
Excursionist
20 0 1

Shopify Payments Aren't available yet on my region. When they will become I will sure use them.