How to give bookkeeper access to financial data without giving them full permission

bijoux1
Tourist
6 0 0

Is there a way to give my bookkeeper access to financial data (bills, payouts, orders) without giving

them full access to the store?

It seems that Shopify only allow full permission employee to see financial data. It seems like a huge

security risk as the accountant can modify everything in the store. Has anyone found a workaround

for this?

Replies 3 (3)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

Hello, @bijoux1.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you're concerned with the security risks of giving full access to your bookkeeper. Our guide on choosing staff permissions for different staff roles does suggest giving accountants full permissions, as they'll need to get access to the orders, reports, and transactions from Shopify Payments (if applicable). 

The orders and reports does not need full permissions, so you can give your accountant access to these. Alternatively, you can also consider exporting the orders and reports instead, and send the exported files to your accountant manually. The bills and payouts does require full permissions, so if you're uncomfortable with this - You can also export your billing history and transaction details (from Shopify Payments) as well.

I hope this gives you a couple of options to consider. If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
302 11 20

Hello @bijoux1,

This is John from Report Pundit app.

Report Pundit has a password-protected sharable link feature in which you can share any type of reports Including orders, finance reports, payout reports to your staff members, accountants, finance team, etc, without sharing the Shopify login credentials.

Your bookkeeper can change the date range, sort or filter the report.

Report Pundit can also provide detail behind each payout. You can know the product name, order detail, and many other custom fields behind each payout deposit.

Contact us at support@reportpundit.com or our live chat support team for help in creating reports.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

zcoder
Tourist
3 0 5

Yes. The bills and payouts does't require full permissions. Just give the bookkeeper these three permissions:

• Orders > Export Orders
  • Administration > View Shopify Payments payouts
  • Administration > View billing and receive billing emails

Then the bookkeeper will only have access to orders and finance sections. Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 10.21.13 AM.png